5

Luke : age 15

"Michael! Are you coming to my game?!" Luke asked, walking into Michael's room at 9:00 on a Saturday. (a/n: billy joel reference)

"Uh yeah." Michael mumbled, sitting up in his bed, wiping the tiredness out of his eyes.

Luke ran over, and jumped on his bed. He sat criss cross and took off his baseball hat, sitting it on top of Michael's head.

Michael mentally slapped himself, knowing he shouldn't like the way Luke's messy hair looked without the hat, and he really shouldn't have stared at Luke's butt that long while the blonde boy walked over to his closet.

But he couldn't resist. It was the baseball pants.

He smiled at Luke as he sat clothes on his bed. "We've gotta leave, and your mom said you could drive me." Luke said, pushing Michael out of the bed.

Michael groaned, and put on the clothes Luke sat on the bed for him before walking slowly to the bathroom to wash his face, apply deodorant, and brush his teeth.

"I'm ready." He told Luke.

The blonde boy smiled, and put the hat on his head, running down the stairs in front of Michael.

Michael couldn't help but notice how adorable Luke always is.

Waiting for Michael, Luke sat in the car by himself. He watched as the brown haired boy walked out of the house.

He lightly smiled down at his lap, and played with his hands. He hated himself for always wanting to be so close to Michael, and he hated himself more for coming to the realization that he likes Michael more than a friend.

-

"Good luck, Luke." Michael said, as Luke pulled him into a bone crushing hug.

Luke looked up at Michael. "I'm nervous." He whispered, scared about his first game, so Michael took off Luke's hat, running a hand through the blonde hair. "You're gonna do great."

"Hey fag, let's go." One of Luke's team mates called. Luke just rolled his eyes at the comment but Michael seemed to push Luke off a little.

Luke lightly smiled, and walked to the dug out.

Luke was used to hearing stuff like that, but Michael wasn't. He knew he felt weird towards Luke, but it couldn't be that he liked him. He knew he wasn't gay. As far as he knows, neither was Luke.

He walked over and took a seat on the bleachers, watching as Luke warmed up by throwing with another player.

Once the game started, michael smiled as Luke ran out onto the pitchers mound. He bit his lip when Luke bent down, awkwardly looking away. He looked back soon enough to see Luke throw a pitch, giving the batter his first strike.

Luke was amazing at baseball. They started together, but Michael quit. He was more interested in chasing butterflies in the outfield than actually playing.

Michael thought Luke was pretty cool. Being a freshman athlete on the varsity team was a big deal considering how competitive and skilled these guys really were. They've won seven championships in a row.

"That kid is going to have a successful future." A man said who was sitting next to Michael.

"Luke? No kidding.." Michael said, and laughed, watching Luke strike the guy out.

"You know him?" The guy asked.

"Yeah. He's my neighbor and my best friend. He practically lives with me though." Michael said.

As the teams switched positions, Luke ran over to the fence. Michael got up, and met him.

"Am I doing okay?" Luke asked, and smiled.

"Okay? Luke you're doing amazing. Keep it up." Michael said, causing Luke to grin even bigger, and runoff to the dugout.

"I didn't know a queer could be so good at this game." He heard an old man smoking a cigarette say.

Michael shook his head, ignoring the comment.

Luke was just Luke. He was bubbly, talkative, and adorable. He was not what all of those men labeled him.