30

Harry smiled as Luke walked into the room, and walked in his direction.

He watched as Luke sat beside him, and pulled out his laptop. "Hi haz." Luke mumbled.

"You okay?" Harry asked, noticing that Luke wasn't as bubbly as usual. "Yeah. I'm just tired. I stayed up a while talking to Michael." The blonde boy said, wiping the tiredness from his eyes.

"So you guys are okay now?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. We're okay. Not great like we used to be. We forgave each other, but it's just not the same." Luke said, and frowned.

"Look at this.." Harry said, and picked up Luke's left hand that held the promise ring. "...he still loves you. There are gonna be times where you guys aren't doing so good, but you guys are so strong together that you can work through them. I know you can." Harry said, and Luke smiled, looking at the ring Michael gave him.

"I just need to see him." Luke whispered, and Harry threw his arm around Luke's shoulder. "C'mere.." Harry said, and pressed a kiss to the side of Luke's head. "It's gonna be okay." He whispered, and Luke smiled up at him.

"Thank you for everything."

-

"Luke, I don't like you hanging out with Harry..." Michael sighed. He was tired of hearing Luke talk about him.

Luke's face dropped. "Why not? He's my best friend.." Luke asked, causing Michael to run his hands over his face. Luke scooted his laptop back, and bit on his fingernail.

"The way you talk about him it doesn't sound like he's just a friend." Michael said, becoming annoyed.

"Michael, I promise he's j-"

"Oh, Harry took me to the movies today. Harry bought me dinner. Harry spent the night. Harry this, Harry that! That's all I hear Luke!" Michael said, and Luke knew Michael wasn't acting like himself. He usually trusts Luke more than this.

"What else am I supposed to talk about? He's the only friend I have here, and I'm scared to leave the house because I might run into my parents! You said you wanted me to make friends, and now that I have one, you hate him!" Luke yelled.

"I don't hate him, Luke. I just don't trust him. I'm starting to think you're okay with it! Whenever we're on a call and he's over, he's just too close! It makes me uncomfortable to watch!" Michael said.

"That's just the way he is, Michael." Luke said quieter. "Yeah, and you're just the same way, and you don't see what a slut you look like when you're all over him."

"Stop hanging out with him." Michael said angrily.

"No, Michael. You have to trust me. He's my best friend. He's all I have here.." Luke said, feeling his eyes start to burn.

"Find a new best friend who isn't trying to get between us." Michael said, and Luke shook his head.

"Harry's not trying to get between us! You don't even know him!" Luke yelled, causing Michael to groan.

"He admitted to me that he hit on you!" Michael yelled back.

"But he respects the fact that I'm taken! He's the one who has been convincing me to make things right with you! He made me call you the night that you told me you cheated on me. He said so many good things about you! He didn't let me be mad at you! He told me you are so good to me, and I shouldn't let anything come between us! He's the one that has convinced me that you still love me, but It should've been you! You've done nothing but make everything worse! You don't even trust me anymore!" Luke yelled, and slammed his laptop shut.

He ran to the kitchen, and grabbed his car keys. He felt tears pouring from his eyes as he quickly got into his car.

He drove down the road quickly until he came to the closest liquor store. It looked extremely run down, but he went in anyway. He wiped his eyes as he picked up two tall bottles of vodka, and a 6 pack of beer.

He walked up to the counter, and pulled out his ID.

"You're 18. I can't sell this to you until you're 21.." The man said, and Luke looked around, seeing nobody else was there.

"Look, I need to get drunk, and by the looks of this place, you need money. I'll pay in cash so nobody will see that I bought this." Luke said, slipping money on the counter.

The man sighed before taking Luke's money, and putting his stuff in a bag.

"Keep the change." Luke said, not wanting to wait.

He ran out to his car, and placed the bag in the passenger seat before quickly pulling back, and driving back towards his apartment.