17

It was a little after 3 when Luke heard someone walking down the stairs.

"Hey, I'm gonna go check on Luke, okay?" He heard Michael say. "Okay." Connor responded before walking into the kitchen.

Luke acted like he was asleep as Michael walked over to him in the dark living room.

He felt a thumb run over his cheek, and a pair of lips press onto his forehead.

He lightly smiled when he knew Michael was walking away.

"He's so complicated." Connor said, and he heard Michael laugh.

"I know. When me and you were together, everything seemed so easy. Luke comes with so many problems that it's not even funny. Once a week we have to wake up because he has nightmares about his mom beating him, and then I can't do anything without him crying. It drives me insane sometimes, but I still love him I guess." Michael said, causing Luke to sit up, and hold his hand over his mouth so he could feel like he was breathing right, and so he didn't let any sobs escape his lips.

"but I still love him I guess"

That kept repeating in his mind.

"Well, you can always come back to me, you know?" Connor said in a flirty voice.

"Thats tempting, but-"

"Oh cmon. Luke's not awake. I know he hasn't put out yet. Don't you get bored?" Connor asked.

"Luke's just not ready. I respect that." Michael said, making Luke feel a little better, even though he just heard his boyfriend admit he's tempted by the boy sleeping in his bed.

"But I used to make you feel so good." Connor said quieter.

"I can't argue with that, but I'm with Luke. I can't." Michael said, and Luke couldn't take it anymore.

He stood up, and walked to the kitchen.

"Are you kidding me, Michael?" Luke asked, and Michael looked over at him, and his jaw dropped.

"All I am to you is a problem filled, prude, insecure boy who you guess you love?!" Luke yelled. "I've given my everything to you! How could you say this stuff?!"

"What's going on?" He heard Karen's voice ask, but he didn't stop.

"You promised you'd never tell anyone about my mom, and now you're acting like its the worst thing in the world to have to remind me I'm okay! You told me you loved me every night, and now you're in here admitting that he tempts you. I'm sorry I can't give you all of the things he can, but you promised you would wait on me! I told you how uncomfortable it made me for you to sleep in the same bed with him. Michael that's just wrong! Can't you see how wrong it is for you to blow off your own damn boyfriend for you ex, and then talk shit about me when you think I'm not listening?!"

"I knew how wrong it was, but all you do is cry and complain and whine. That's all you've done for the past two days! I'm sick of it!" Michael yelled.

"Maybe I've been upset because you're giving him the loving attention that you were supposed to be giving me! You aren't supposed to kiss him on the forehead, and you aren't supposed to let him take my spot in our bed! That bed means more to me than you think. All the times I was upset, you would lay down with me, and tell me I'm okay. We would stay up until 3 talking about dumb stuff, but it made me happy. You always held me in there, and made me feel safe. That was the place I was alway reassured that you loved me. Does that not mean anything to you?" Luke asked, giving up on hope.

"I'm pretty sure for that to mean something to him, you'd have to mean something to him first." Connor said, and Luke glared at him, and ran at him. He slammed his back against the refrigerator, and grabbed him by his hair.

Luke yanked him to the ground, and Michael and Karen had to rip Luke away.

"We're done." Luke spat at Michael, walking back into the living room.