18

Luke laid on Karen's shoulder, bawling his eyes out after he ended things with Michael.

"Luke, this is gonna be okay. You're Luke and Michael. You guys are inseparable. That boy loves you more than anyone in the world." Karen said, and held him.

"We've never fought before. I don't like it.." Luke whispered.

"Connors going home tonight. Maybe you guys can start to work things out." Karen told him. "Start by asking him if you can sleep in his bed. He can't say no to you." She said, and he nodded.

It was already 5 p.m. Luke had been crying ever since 3 in the morning when he broke up with Michael. He wanted him back. He wanted things the way they were before. He wanted things better than the way they were before.

"Do you think he'll go to my game tonight?" Luke asked.

"I don't know. Go ask him and find out." She said, and Luke nodded, wiping his eyes.

Luke found Michael sitting in the kitchen, just looking out of the window. Luke walked over quietly and sat beside him.

"What do you want?" Michael asked. It wasn't in a mean way, he was just surprised Luke was gonna talk to him.

"Will you come to my game tonight?" Luke asked, and Michael nodded.

"Luke, I'm sorry for all of the stuff I said about you. I know that's not gonna help, but I just feel so bad about what I said. That was not fair to you at all." Michael said, and Luke leaned his head on Michael's shoulder.

"It's okay." Luke whispered. "No it's not. I told him your secret, and I told him I hate it when you cry to me, but I really don't. I love being able to make you feel better. There is no excuse for the stuff I said." Michael said, and Luke nodded.

"Connor made me feel so bad about myself this whole week. He told me the way I look would make you not want me. He said I'm fat, and you don't want that. I felt threatened by him because he looks perfect. I was just so mad, and scared that when I heard you say that stuff about me I had to end it before you realized that you could do better than me. I thought I would feel totally badass after it, and you would come crawling back, but I just feel empty. I feel lonely." Luke told Michael, linking their hands together.

"I didn't know he was saying all of that to you. You're not fat. You're beautiful, and I love you no matter what. But we both said some things that we regret, and I think we should take a little break. I still want you, but after Connor leaves, we can build trust again, okay?" Michael said, causing Luke to nod. It sounded like a good plan to him.

He wanted to believe that Michael really loved him.