Note 54

3 days ago

Dear D,

Today I saw your face when I shouted at Alan at the café saying that I don't love you.

You were smiling and giggling away with Jess but the Alan was pretty much talking loudly about how stupid I am to leave you for a stupid reason rather than discussing it with her.

Pretty much half the cafeteria's attention was on us. I glanced quickly at the crowd once and saw you looking.

So at once I shouted, "C'mon Alan. I don't love that slut, I never did. She was just one in many."

Hearing this, the whole crowd's attention shifted to you.

You looked the slightest bit stunned. Jess was about to shout at me but you stopped and walked away with her.

Later, we were again in the locker room, alone.

Your locker was just five lockers away from mine.

I saw you slam the locker door shut and also noticed the presence of no one else in the room.

You looked at me straight in the eye then.

I couldn't turn away for some reason I don't know.

For a second, I even felt vulnerable.

Then you walked past me at a high pace, as if you are shit angry at someone.

No wait. That's me.

Just when you were about to exit the room, you turned back and in an exasperated tone you said, "Don't you get tired of lying to me and others all the time."

I said, " I don't."

I was about to say, "I don't love you." But she had interrupted me.

She said, "Shut up. I know you do love me." Last two words in a whisper. "Go look at yourself in the mirror sometimes."

Then you walked away, and I stood their stupefied.

Love,
Jeremy.