finale scene

Jeremy's pov

I sat there motionless on the chair staring at the ceiling. The diary lay open in front of me but I have nothing left to write to her.

She said she won't come down to me and try and make me understand that it doesn't matter, that together we can fight all odds.

I will leave now. I will go to my mom, live with her, get a job or something. It would have been a lot better if I had waited till graduation. But honestly, it wouldn't matter much because I know I would fail in my exams.

I finally got up from the chair, because I needed to pack whatever I have.

I would be leaving tonight.

I looked around. There wasn't much to pack except for some clothes, shoes, books which I wouldn't need anymore, some other basic essential and lots and lots of memories.

How do I pack these memories?

We have had a lot of memories here, in this room. Not particularly the ones which would make girls go 'aww' but each of them are special. May that be just lying on the verandah floor staring at each other or just play 'gangnam style' and dance like fucking lunatics.

She was special to me. Still is.

After I was packed up, I made a list of people to say goodbye. Alan topped, as Destiny ended it.

I went to Alan's place. He nearly had tears in his eyes when I bid him goodbye. The last thing he told me was, "Aurora left me, and now you." He hugged me then, and I left.

Then I met a few more friends who got pretty shocked by my arrival at their doorsteps and at the news of my departure. They hugged me and wished me god luck for life and I couldn't help but smirk at it.

What is left to my life?

At last came her house. I looked up at her window first. It was like a habit. The curtains were drawn which was weird as you'd never draw them. Also, the lights were off as all I could see was darkness from her window.

I could imagine her lying on her bed digging her face in her pillow, sobbing.

That made me feel like taking a turn and walk back home. But I wanted to say her a goodbye. I wanted to tell her that I loved her but that I was bad for her and I had to go.

I walked upto the door and with lot of hesitation rang the bell. The door opened at once, as if someone was already expecting me. Mrs Sanders opened the door. She too looked shocked at my sudden appearance in front of her door.

"Oh, Jeremy. It's you." She said, having a worried expression though she seemed to look a little relieved at my presence.

"Hello Mrs. Sanders. Can I get to see Destiny once?" I asked, hesitantly.

"I am sorry, Jeremy but she ain't here since the time she left today morning. We are all pretty worried."

"Oh. Okay." I muttered. "Thank you." I said before turning back.

As I walked, I still felt Mrs. Sanders' eyes on me.

"Jeremy." She called out.
"Yes, Mrs. Sanders?" I said, turning back.
"Destiny misses you." She smiled a subtle one.
"I know." I said, returning the smile and walked back home.

Where was she?

Where are you Destiny?

I looked up at the sky. The moon was no where to be seen. The sky was cloudy. It was about to rain.