Chapter ten: It Will Rain

A/N: Waning: There is a very disturbing scene near the end and once you get the hint of what is about to happen you may skip it if you feel nessisary. Don't forget to vote!

***

"Let me get this straight, you guys decided to put it to a vote?" Nick asked with his arms crossed to the rest of the group. While Nick was 'cooling off', they filled him in on their arguments and final decisions. "I say they can die in hel.l"

"A little bit eccentric don't you think?" Joana hissed.

"I think we should get this over with," Lance added. "It's nearly six in the afternoon".

"Ok then, who all thinks that we shouldn't work for Nexus to finish developing the project?" Eric asked as if he wasn't sure of the words he was saying. It seems that everyone took a deep breath before responding.

The first hand to go up was Lance's, then Nick's. They almost looked ashamed of their answers, but then grew more confident and really stood behind them. Joana gave them both a disgusted look, but what she didn't expect was to see was Eric's hand slowly rise into the air. A glare of pure hatred flared from her and she then laughed in angry bursts of rage.

"You three-legged imbeciles!" she shouted to everyone. "All these innocent people are going to lose their jobs, their hard earned jobs, because of you, all three of you!" She pointed at all of them as she stormed out of the room.

Nick, Lance, and Eric stood there in the room not saying a word to each other. That was, until Nick give into a dumb impulse, causing Eric to sigh and Lance to straight up leave the room. He poked his head up, confused.

"Dick jokes are only funny when guys say it, right?"

****

~ Skylar ~

On the road again, I took another glance at the GPS.

Mindo, Ecuador.

Noah always wanted to travel to South America. I shook him from my head knowing I need to finish this all the more now. His image has been haunting my dreams and there has been nothing I could do about it. Sometimes I see him in the distance, watching me, but when I give him a second glance, he was gone with the wind. Grieving is not an option. Emotion has subdued. I can't let his death distract me for completing the mission.

Noah joined me on my crazy quest and died because of it. I need to finish what he died trying to help me do: set this insane world straight. My dad was innocent and it, again, was up to me to prove it.

But first I needed a way to get to South America. Now that the entire world is a third world country, I can't just buy a plane ticket anymore. Luckily, Dad had plenty of boating friends before he got all lost in his work. One guy, Pedro, was smoking rich and had an entire collection of them. He used to be head of boat races and other water-related, competitive sports. His was nicknamed 'serpent' because he always has a finger dipped in every water event taking place.

The only thing was, he owned several homes among the U.S., but he lived in south Mexico in some rich city I remember not being able to pronounce. I have no idea how it's going to take but I set my GPS for the Texas border and hoped I could wing it from there.

I took several pit stops at gas stations for food and continued back on the road. On one of them, I saw an old weapons store I took a look around and saw that nothing was more advanced than my energy pistol or the shotgun that I took a liking to. Half the store was missing its stock anyway.

One thing that did catch my eye was a cross-shot bow and arrow. It was an electronic one that retracts and is much sturdier than my old one. It would make sense that something as expensive and useful as that would still be here; no one knew how to use it. Good thing for me of course. Everything else here would make so much noise and any type of silencer was long gone from here.