Chapter fourteen: When There is No Escape

What's the point of being awake if I can't move? I thought to myself as I tried to roll over to my side for more rest. I've fallen asleep multiple times and woke up again within the hour until I realized that if I don't get up now, I never will.

I rocked into a sitting position, yawned to the point where I nearly started crying, and stretched my body in various positions to try and get to every aching joint and muscle, preferably, without locking them up again. After the last one with grabbing my foot and pulling it behind me, I noticed that I was alone.

I took a quick glance around the room and saw that he was gone. My instinct told me to check for my gear but they all sat by a pile of wood that was used for the fire last night that was now the equivalent of solid tar.

Cool morning air pierced through the open curtains as I could tell that heat would soon follow later on in the day as the sun was constantly trying to work its way around those pesky clouds. I looked out the window and saw that we were actually on really high floor. After looking down, I could see that I was actually on the sixth floor of one of the taller structures.

The view was absolutely captivating as I gazed out on rows upon rows of multilevel buildings. A huge church off in the distance and the tiled roads along with those weird streetlights siding with the beach that lead into the crystal clear ocean far out until the horizon swallows it all up.

Painful memories of Noah surfaced as I pulled out my phone to catch the perfect wide-screen photo of the scene before me. I stared at the black screen of my phone and my teary reflection. One salty droplet made impact with blank screen and I motioned my thumb to wipe it away.

In the smear of wipe revealed another reflection on its pixelated surface. A hand. A face.

"Noah!" I screeched as I whipped around to see morning lit bedroom with only myself occupying it. A sob withered my features as choked down my feelings and looked back out of the window, capturing the scene Ecuador had to offer.

I decided to venture out and look around for the guy to see if he was nearby or left. That would be a waste because I nearly died trying to get his attention only for me to scare him off like that. I mentally chastised myself for being such a psychotic bitch instead of acting normal, or at least what could be classified as such. An emotional wreak couldn't even begin to explain my situation.

I walked past a couple houses and jogged up to the beach side. In the distance, there was a figure in the water by the shore near the boat I pulled up in. Was he trying to steal my yacht?! Well I stole it from someone else but anything's fair game in this world.

I couldn't run of course so I kept it at a soft jog that would hopefully get me there in time. When I was getting closer, I saw that it was just the leading me to believe that they were next to each other. As I neared the suspect, I saw that he was much closer as the boat was off in the distance.

Wow, I am edgy. The smallest amount of suspicion makes me want to take action. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, hoping that it would put in a different state of mind that wouldn't drive someone mad.

That was no longer a problem when I approached him at the edge of the water. I couldn't tell at first, but I think he's...

Completely naked.

I gasped and ducked away the moment he turned around and I really thought about just running and burying myself in the sand; whichever one was faster.

"See something you like?" he laughed, his voice easily carrying through the gentle breeze. Not being able to help it, I turned around. I looked squarely at his face, blushing like the devil himself made a new throne room out of my cheeks.