Meep me.

Basketball Championships were one of the most awaited occasions of the year. Universities from different countries come to one outstanding school to compete one another.

This time it was the last round, the temperature dropped a hundred degrees inside the gym. It was quite, everyone were all staring at the ball, slowly flying through the air, as if everything was in slow motion. It wasn't long until the sirens and horns rang when the ball finally took the winning shot.

The screams in the room were deafening and it lasted for atleast five minutes. Not too long every one went out the school and started packing up the school grounds.

Wallwerd university's basketball team kept their place once more..

... and it wasn't  going to be the last.

The day got old and dim, but it wasn't a reason to stop celebrating the win of the school.
It was the middle of the night and people were still occupying the area.

Not everyone enjoyed it though. Gumball was too determined for his geography and geometry test next week and he was not wasting it on a dumb party.

Gumball was his nick name ever since he was pranked by the students by pouring a bucket of permanent pink dye on his hair back at grade school, but somehow he liked the nick name so he let the people call him then.
He was frequently bullied by students due to his poor eye sight, they reported it many times to the school but even so it gets worse, but it wasn't something he should care about, all he needed was to graduate and prove all those mean assholes who the boss really is.

"Hey you sure you're not coming?" His roomate said before opening the door.

Gumball looked at him and gave a nod. "Yeah, I have to finish studying today, but thanks anyway."

"Dude, you gotta get loose sometimes," he said as he opened the door "life isn't always about books."

Gumball stared as he snapped "Oui, but I really need this, Phoe."
(pronounced as "Fi")

Phoenix chuckled "Whatever you say Peebles." He continued out the dorm.

Gum sighed resting his face on his left arm as he tapped his pen to a fast rhythm. He laid back on his spinning chair and slowly ran his fingers through his pink locks, he sighed seeing the pile of books on the table.

They were so many.

Maybe Phoe, was right. He thought to himself.

Not long when he heard a knock coming from the slightly opened door.

"Phoe?" He asked standing from his feet.

Surprisingly, it wasn't him. The man opened the door, his body leaning against the door wall.

"Sup, Gum-shot." He did a short wave.

Gumball squinted his eyes at him. "Marshall, what are you doing here?"

He walked in carelessly as if he was invited "I see you're doing your paper work, again." He sat on the spinning chair.

"Y-yeah," he stuttered. "Odd. What brings you here?"

"Oh I was just here to ask you something." He said spinning the chair around.

Gumball felt a shiver run down to his spine. It felt weird. He didn't expect that much of any statement Marshall would ask about. Besides they were not even close, not that one bit.

Marshall was just there to make fun of him. It was definitely not something he wanted. It was something he needed to get away from.

"Just wanted to ask you to come with me." He says stopping the chair from spinning, he felt nauseous but not to long as it just trailed off. "I'm going to be at the gym by Sunday. Want to go with me?"

Gumball shook his head. "Marshall I barely know you. "

"Yeah, and I want you to know me." He says crashing on the couch his arms extends as a support for his head to lie on.

Gumball gulped. "Really?" He doubted.

"Why not, I mean some how we'll eventually know one another. " He replied.

Gumball looked over at the piles of books covered over the table and sighed. "I can't, even if I would want to."

Marshall's face dropped but managed to pull a smile. "Don't sweat it Gum-shot."

"Uh-Gumball." He corrected.

"What-ever you, Gum-butt!" He stood up from the couch inserting his left hand in his pocket and the other was waving goodbye. "See yah-uh-Gumdrop."

"Uhh- Gumball." He corrected again but was too late.