Au Revoir

Gumball hasn't decided completely yet but, his job was waiting out for him. He had to take it than leaving a big opportunity like that.

He was at the airport pulling his trolley with all his packed clothes. He wasn't sure when he was going back here with his family who actually cared for him. But he knew he will come back, even if he has to wait for years.

Bonnie hugged his leg tight pulling him back so he won't go away. "Bobelson! Please don't leave." She sobs.

Gumball kneeled down to her eyes brushing the tears off her cheeks. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Promise?" She sniffled.

"I swear." He smiles giving her a tight hug.

"We're really proud of you Bobby." His uncle says patting gis back.

"Make sure you leave us messages, okay?" Her Aunt hugged him tight.

Gumball hugged her back "I will, Mom." He whispers into her ear only for her to hear.

He took his things and waves back at them as he walks further into an ocean of people.

He put on his headset sitting down on a chair by the waiting area. His plane hasn't yet opened the door.

He played a few songs he use to sing in Phoe's car. He remembers singing them out loud with him, even though they had the wrong tone they didn't mind. He chuckles remembering how fun it was back to those days where he was still in college.

Call him crazy but he sometimes wish that time would bring him back.

He snapped when the door ro his plane was now ready for passengers to enter.

He grabbed his bag and headed into the crowd of people entering the plane, he sat just beside the window.

He leaned back to his chair and turned on the volume of his song, ignoring if anyone would disturb him. He looked out the window as a few memories flashed in his eyes.

The fun he had in this city, in Wallwerd University he misses it. He was definitely going to miss everyone.

He has been looking out the window for a couple of minutes now. The plane was almost full and only in a few moments it was about to leave.

The pilot then announced it on cue.

All passengers please keep all your things intact because we are ready to go, for the mean time enjoy your flight.

This is the captain speaking.

The speaker turns off as Gumball went back looking out the window watching the people walking around the building.

He then felt the plane's engine started running, he breathes in.
This was probably the last time he was going to be in this Ohlands city.

Attention passengers, we may have a little problem.
There seems to be a trespasser trying to enter the plane, we'll try to fix it in no time.

Gumball removed his headset and then heard a couple of screams from the other side of the plane. He was about to stand when someone called out his name.

"GUMBALL!" Marshall screamed from the door.

"Marshall?" He stood up looking at him who was struggling due to the number of guards coming after him.

"Bubbs! I'm sorry! Ashley! I broke up with her!"

"Ashley?"

"Please just don't leave so I can explain everything!" Marshall yelled, but was pulled out of the plane before he could say another word.

Gumball slid back down covering his face from the embarresing scene Marshall just made.

It wasn't long when he already felt hundreds of eyes on him.

...

Marshall got kicked out of the plane, and was left out in the waiting area. He ran to the giant glass window and stared at the plane launching and flying away to the sky.

"Bubbs?" He looks up at the plane and slides down to his knees. His phone vibrates as he took it out wiping the tears off his cheeks.

It was a message from Gumball.

Hey, Sorry I haven't told you this sooner. Don't worry I'll see you soon.

Marshall dropped his face to his hands letting out all his agony over loosing him. Even though he said he was going to see him soon, it felt like he wasn't going to.

...

"Gumball, I'm sorry.." he sobs.

"Sorry for what?"Gumball tilted his head looking at Marshall who was knelt down on the floor.

Marshall looked over behind, making sure he was really there.

Gumball smiled holding his phone up. "Told you I'll see you soon."

Not a second wasted Marshall's arms wrapped around his body,pulling him close for a tight hug. "I- I thought you left." He sobs.

"Silly!" He dropped his bags down returning a hug. "How could I text in the plane?  It's not allowed." He chuckles.

"Fuck you." He whispers into his ears.

"Yeah, yeah. " He caressed his head. "Now stop crying."

Gumball tried to push Marshall off from the hug but it didn't work as if they were glued together or something.

"Please, I gotta get back home to unpack." He tried pushing him away again. "I still have to explain why."

"Not yet," Marshall whispers again."I have to savour all these hugs." He chuckles.

"Please Marshall, let me go. Like really."