Cavern

School endwe faster than what the pupils thought, but it was glad that it felt that way than feeling the suffering pressure each day.

Everyone took there things away from their dorms already the other day.

Gumball was just in his bed staring into the pile of boxes on the floor, he hasn't unpacked yet he was too tired from the thoughts about school. He deserved a day in bed.

His eyes shifted to the framed Diploma on one of his other awards. It reminded him that somehow he wasn't going to be able to see his friends for a while. They were practically from different cities.

He wondered how Marshall was doing, he was infact really sick the other day. He remembers his bed hair it was messy that looked really cute on him.

Then Bonnie came in with her pink dress on. "Gummah! Someone's at the door! She's really pretty. Is she your girlfriend.?"

Gumball raised a brow. He went down stairs seeing Simone at the door.

"Hey Bubbs!" She smiles delightfully.  "You want to go camping?"

"I don't know." He doubted.

"C'mon! Phoe and Fionna are going there!"

"I'm really tired for any activities, Simone. "

"How bout Lsp and Marshall?" She pulled his arm. "They're coming too. "

Marshall?

"Well, I guess I can." He says looking up imaging his list of his schedule, then realized he hasn't any.

This was his big break from school, going to the woods would be the perfect spot for his relaxation.

...

The next day, Gumball had his back pack ready. He went to the bus station. That was where they were all meeting up.

He arrived seeing four of his friends wait by the corner. Phoe notices him as he called him out.

"Hey! Peebs!" Phoe waved his arms around.

Gumball smiled walking towards them.

"I'm really glad you can come." Simone says wrapping her arms around his.

"Y-yeah." He answered shyly.

Somehow for Gumball being around people during summer vacation felt different as if he never knew them. Maybe because, all of them have an entirely different personality when not on school or it was just probably because he has never went out with anyone during any hangouts either any curricular social activities.

They all went into Simone's Family Van as they set off. Turns out the camping was going to be at Simone's private cavern in the woods.

They could all go hiking, fishing and exploring there the forest was really vast, vast enough to make 3 malls in the area.

After an hour the van stopped infront of a lovely cavern, they all got out, taking out there bags entering the door.

At the door they met Simone's parents, they looked like a very lovely couple and  loving parents.

"Mom! Dad!" Simone waved carrying one of the bags. "These are my friends. Lennard, Fionna, Phoenix, Marshall-" she pointed one by one. "..and Gumball Ward the one I keep telling you about."

"Ah, yes. Mr. Ward." His dad shook his hand."Simone has told us a lot bout you."

"It's a pleasure, sir." Gumball replies as he took away his hand.

"Tch," Marshall sulked. Phoe notices bumping shoving his shoulder.

"Don't be jealous. " Phoe grinned.
Marshall shot a face saying he's not jealous.

"It's very splendid to have you all here. You guys have one room on the second floor. It's enough for 6 people to fit in since all want to spend the night together." Her mother giggled. "Do any college friends do. "

They all thanked the parents as  they went upstairs throwing their luggage to beds they called for.

The room was really big and spacious, but it was enough too much in particular, it does make them feel comfortable, the woody structure of the walls made the atmosphere smooth and warm.

The beds there were alligned by threes. All of it facing each bed so the could just talk talk infront of each other even though they were just sitting.

Phoe sat on his bed taking out a few notes. Then noticing Marshall looking at him.

"What?"

Marshall squinted his eyes, then used his lips to point at Gumball who was sitting on his bed with Simone's bed just beside his.

Phoe hissed, as he thought maybe if he and Marshall switched beds they, Marshall could be beside Gumball too. He was about to tell Marshall but was soon disturbed by Simone.

"Hey guys! Go ahead and feel like it you own this place." She laughs. "I'm just going to help my parents with our dinner tonight." She says going down the stairs.

Phoe quickly grabbed his things throwing his bag on Marshall's bed. Marshall smirked knowing the idea.

"Gee! Marshall! Could we switch places?" Phoe says loudly catching everyone's attention in the room."Turns out the air conditioner is right beside me."

Marshall narrowed his eyes from the very incoherent way Phoe pulled off. He sat to the other bed before completely crashing into the bed. His face muffled under the sheets.

"Hey!" A masculine voice called out. It was a little shady since Marshall's ears were covered with pillows.

He looks to the right, seeing Gumball waving at him.

"Hey." A smile crept on his face as he giggled shortly.

"We haven't spoke to one another since I got to the bus stop, what's with that?" He says crashing on the bed facing him.

"I've been feeling bothered coming here." He says looking away.

"What, because Simone lives here?"He chuckles.

"Can't you see it Bubbs?" He tossed his hands in the air. "Simone invited you here so you could warm up to her parents."

"So?"

"So! S-so...She's probably going to ask you out or...something. " he stuttered.

Gumball let out a faint laugh as a blushed crept over Marshall's cheeks. Marshall looked to the other side hugging and pulling it closer to cover his face.

"N-no, Marshall.  That's really pathetic. " he says as his laugh lowers down. "But really, if you think that's the case, what do you care? I mean it's not like I will agree with her. She's really not my type."

"Yeah." Marshall answers his face on the pillow muffling himself.

"Listen, you're not pathetic."Gumball scratched the back of his neck. "That was actually a pretty good observation despite that I didn't see it myself."

Marshall looks back at him giving a faint smile. "It was obvious though. "