Switch

Phoe, gathered his things and slided his bag over his shoulders.
He went out of the door waving 'goodbye' at his History teacher and set off to see Gumball, who was already waiting for him by their lockers.

"So how did you do so far?" Gumball askes taking the last notebook in his locker.

"Well got an 'A' at Science and a 'B' plus for Language and a 'B' for history. Not enough but will do I guess." Phoe shrug. "How 'bout you?"

Gumball smiled. "Triple 'A's'!" He raised three fingers refering to the numbers of the A's.

Phoe clapped as he did a bow of worship and chuckled afterwards. "What d'yah say we grab specials today to celebrate?" He wrapped his arms over his shoulder heading to the cafeteria.

They went straight to the hall opening the door to the cafeteria watching the students scamper around finding seats.

They didn't bother to find a seat first, all they needed was to get the specials before it runs out. Luckily it didn't.

The specials consisted one of the rarest a pefectly hand made delicacies of the school. Most of the school chefs were from other continents and therefore the specials had different food with different origins and tastes.

After they got their tray, they started looking for seats but seems like every part of the cafeteria was already taken.

"Really on this special day?" Phoe sighed.

Just coincidentally a girl tapped Gumball on the back. He notices and turns around seeing a familiar face. He smiles gently because he was  always eager to talk to that person at this moment.

"Do you need somewhere to sit?"
A girl with dark brown hair smiled.

"Yeah we actually do." Gumball said excitedly. "Phoe this is, Simone Petrikov, Simone-Phoenix."

Phoe reached his hand over to shake hers. "Nice to meet you."

"I am actually honored to talk to you Phoe." She smiles. "Shall we go get our seats?"

"Of course." Gumball said looking at Simone then back to Phoe. "Hey Phoe,Simone is one of the smartest students in our Biology class, I have never been so close to her like this." He whispered over to Phoe. "She just got an A plus plus plus this morning.:

"Woah, really?" Phoe was astonished.

"Yeah, I have been wanting to talk to her ever since my first year here, only she's too busy. She also admires the club you single-handedly made, although she wanted to join, but her schedule is blowing up fuses." He mentioned sitting beside a table.

"Wow, I am literally flattered." Phoe says as he sat beside him.

They then noticed the people they were sitting were, Turnle, Slimey and Simone.

It was great because all of them knew each other even though they were from seperate schedules and having different sets of classmates.

"Hey, Gumball. Have you read the school paper?" Simone asks fixing her glasses.

"Now that you mentioned, I actually haven't." He answered.

"You were at the headlines, saying that the invention you made from last month's Science Fair topped the lists and they will feature your creation at the exhibit next week!" She squealed in excitement.

"For real?!" His voice nearly echoed all through the cafeteria.

"I am proud of you, Bubbs!" She pat his head messing his hair. "I've heard you were dreaming about it since grade school. "