Parents

Gumball sat quietly at the dinner table as the others laughed from countless of stories.

Marshall left a few hours ago, since he thought he needed time with his family.

But Gumball would rather stay at the garbage right now instead of wasting his time talking to people he assumed he was supposed to call his parents.

"So, I've heard you graduated already. " his dad says catching his attention.

Gumball looked up seeing a complete stranger infront of him, he hasn't seen them since he was 3. He couldn't believe they were just rambling after all he has been through without them

"Uh, yeah. "

"Why so blue, Baby cakes?" Her mother reaches for his hand. "We're here to take you with us to America. Isn't that exciting?" She squeals.

"You're taking me with you?" Gumball's voice was a little shakey his parents thought he was excited but actually he was devastated.

"Isn't that what you want?" She smiles.

"I see how this is?" He narrowed his eyes. "After my Graduation you come crawling back here as if you've been there with me the whole time?!"

"Bobelson!?" His Auntie stops him." That's so unlike you. Sto-"

"You haven't sent me even any letters or even a single message or even just one call on my every birthday!!" He stands up looking down at the table. "The last thing I heard you said to me was, you two being so tired of having a kid because you think I wasn't going to end up like my brothers! And now that you see how much I've been through you Can just call me your son?!"

"Bobelson? What are y-" his father says standing up to his height.

"I'm not going anywhere with you two!" He says kicking the table running up stairs locking the door in his room.

He breathed as he slid down to the floor.  Tears were going down his favce as he wiped them off and nuzzled down to his knees.

His parents left him when he was just 3 years old because they said that he was too much of work and he had other brothers to keep them company anyway. He remembers them screaming at him from his door and telling him not to go back to them not until he was as great as his brothers. Ward was still the last name he chose because he thought that after all the Graduation and everything he was going to get his parents back. But now he has never seen it more clearly.

The Wards were also known for smart people and ut would be an embarrassment if a Ward was really mindless.

His parents thought he was both mindless and useless to the Ward family due to his poor eye sight.

In short, his parents are using him.

His room was quiet not until the phone on his pocket started ringing. He took it as wiped a few of the water running down his cheeks. He answered the call .

"Hey, Bubbs just wondering how's everything going?" He asks.

"Now is not the time, Marshall. I'm not feeling r-really good." He says trying to stop crying.

"Are you alright, did anythin-"

Gumball ended the call and leaned back at the door. He took of his glasses rubbing his eyes against his arm. Until his phone vibrated.

It was a message.

Hey you don't need to tell me what happened. I understand.
But if you need to talk, I'm all ears.

Gumball chuckles, wiping his tears again. He typed back and sent it.

It's nothing really.

I knew you were going to say something like that. I bet it's something about your parents,huh?

They want me to go away with them, Marsh.

Marshall looked at his phone for a few minutes. He doesn't have anything to say because he knew that his words wouldn't count maybe because it was too late.

He wanted to tell him something.

But what?

I'll be there if you need me. I bet your fosters don't mind me being there now.

Gumball sniffled he did need someone to be with right now, but it was too embarrassing to be with Marshall with him.

You'll probably call me a wad.

I'm not calling you that anymore.
..maybe tomorrow, Marsh.

Gumball turned his phone off and placed it on his table. He crashed on his bed as his eyes slowly close as he drifted to a sleep.

...

Gumball's parents left this morning back to America. But they'd be back anytime if Gumball changes his mind.

Gumball was still asleep wrapped under his covers. He felt fingers travel through his hair as he opened his eyes noticing his Auntie was there.

"Bobby,dear. You were really mad last night." Her Auntie says intertwining her fingers in his hair. "You've never been mad like that rather than when you got angry because we told you, you can't go back to your parents. Now you're angry with your parents. Some times I really don't get you."

"I-uh, I don't want to see them right now." He says covering his face with a pillow.

"Me neither, Bobby. Your Mom she..she looks nice. But she's terrible with anyone, I can't imagine seeing you suffer with her around. You belong here with us." She takes the sheets off his face landing a little kiss on his forehead."Breakfast is ready downstairs. There's flapjacks. " she giggles going down stairs.

Gumball sat up from his bed grabbing his glasses beside a pillow, good thing it didn't break.

He remembers turning off his phone at Marshall. He quickly turned it on hoping he hasn't sent too much messages, or he'll never forgive himslef for it.

He had a few messages but no calls.

But really if you need anything.

There's always someone out there who could lend a hand.

Gumball stared for a few minutes unsure if he should reply, it was still early he was probably still asleep.

"Bobby! Marshall's here." His Aunt yelled from downstairs.

"What?!"