Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Time had passed. It had to have been hours after Jeff left before I realized there was a clock hanging on the wall.

Nice, Jill.

It was around 6:00 PM, and I had just laid in the bed all day thinking about what Jeff said. Was I supposed to think farther into it? Did it have a deeper meaning? Or was I looking too far into it and did it just mean what it seemed like it did? God damnit, he's so confusing. Now I've taken precious time out of my day debating with myself over what the hell's going on. I was scared to death.

Don't show it, Jill. It feeds him.

I was curious. Curious about Jeff, yes, but right now, I was really curious about the Jack and Ben characters that tried to kill me. I was pretty sure they were just as shocked as I was that a killer, who's goal in life is to erase all human race from the earth, saved my life when he could be ending it. I wanted to talk to them. I had a feeling they would have enough sense not to kill me when Jeff had saved me from them. Obviously, that's not how it worked.

I mean, what difference did it make if I just stepped out of the room or not? Where could they be? The building was pretty small, it couldn't take that long to find them, right? Unless they were out killing, in that case, Jeff would be too, so it wouldn't make a difference.

I got up, and walked to the door. My heart started pounding a mile a minute as I felt my hand grip the doorknob and twist. It was almost as if I had no control of my body anymore, all of this just sort of happened.

As the door cracked open, I peered my head out to make sure the coast was clear, and opened the door just enough so I could step out with ease. As I peered my head around a corner, a blonde figure wearing green stared back at me; Ben.

"What's up?"

I screamed. What the hell was he doing just leaning there against the wall like that? Did he hear the door open of something?

"CALM DOWN!" he yelled as he put his hand around my throat and pushed me back into the room.

I was panting like a bitch. This place was like one of the haunted houses the neighborhood would set up at Halloween.

I missed that place...

"Listen, I don't know you, I don't know why in the name of heaven and hell Jeff decided to play hero and save you, but I do know if you don't calm the fuck down Jeff's gonna be really pissed at me for murdering your ass."

Tough crowd.

"I'm sorry." I said, shacking. I don't think that was quite called for but whatever.

"Now why the hell were you out there?"

Ok, I needed to toughen up; now. Time for business.

"I wanted to talk to you."

He took his hand back and crossed his arms in confusion, "About?"

"Just... Get to know you?"

He almost immediately started laughing. Like his face was serious, then about 0.2 seconds after I said that, he just laughed like it was a joke.

"Get to know me? You're kidding me."

"N-no."

"Well unless you wanna become a serial killer, I doubt you wanna get to know me."

"I'll go eat a bowl of Frosted Flakes when we're done, then, ok?"

He shook his head in disapproval.