Chapter 11

HOLY SHIT STUFF ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER

INSANE, RIGHT??

ANYWAYS, PLEASE ENJOY

Chapter 11:

I wish he would just kill me already. I can't take it anymore. All the suspense is breaking my mind into a million pieces. How do you deal with knowing you're going to die? How do you deal with living with the very being that could make or break your life? How?

Just being locked up in this tiny little room all day just made me sick to my stomach. But what made me even more sick was going to that waterfall. I didn't know what he was trying to do by bringing me there, and I was pretty sure I didn't want to know. But if it was to confuse and frustrate me even more, he had been successful.

And that's when it hit me; he's trying to break me down. Make me go insane. He's trying to wear me out to make the job easier for him. He's trying to make me unknowingly kill myself. 

I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't sit back and watch the little remains of my life pass me by like I had been doing.

Somehow, he had known everything about me. My name, my birthday, my home town, my mother, my dead father, my best friend, my school, he knew all of it. It was my turn to get some dirt on him. It might cost me my life, but damnit what did I have to lose? This was the only chance I had. It was worth a shot. At this point, it was either go big, or go home.

I got up and opened my door, peaking to make sure no one was there. The coast was clear as far as I had seen, so I fully stepped out and remembered Ben's game. I slowly creeped around the corner to make sure he wasn't there. 

He was gone.

I had known Jeff was still out in the woods doing God knows what, so I wouldn't have to worry about him for a while, maybe even the night. I had no idea how long he was usually gone.

I quietly tiptoed over to Jeff's bedroom door and hesitantly turned the knob and unlatched it. Looking back one last time to make sure no one was still there, and stepped inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was horrifying. Knife after knife hanging on the walls and the ceiling, I was scared one would come loose and fall on me. Dried blood splattered on the walls, wood floor red stained, even the bed was drenched in it. It was horrible, but I couldn't leave. I had to find something, anything, that I could use against him. Something that would save my life.

I looked around on a bookshelf that stood right by the door. Books and books of nothing but blank pages. At least, until I got to the last one. I dark forest green book cover that had a gold engraving 'There's no peace in love and war' I skimmed through the book at what seemed like nothing but blank pages, until I got to the last two. Marked in dried blood the first page read 'Never forgive' And the second page 'Never forget' 

At this point it felt like the book was burning my hands. I dropped it and it fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Shit.

I had to act fast, maybe someone had heard it and was coming to investigate. Or with my luck, he would probably be on his way back right now.

I slowly kneeled on the floor next to the bed, and put my face to the floor, getting a clear view of what was under the bed. I saw the white of the walls on the other side, except in one area. I turned my gaze to a box. This could be just what I needed to save myself, what was inside it.

I quickly pulled it out from under the bed and tore it open like a Christmas present. Will, tried to at least. There was tape after tape after tape wrapping around the whole thing it was almost impossible to even attempted to get it off.

After a few minutes of preying away at the tape, I was finally able to get it off, and at this point it didn't seem like anyone was coming in. So I gently opened it to see a huge stack of papers. I picked one up and inspected it. It was all the information about some 30 year old guy named 'Ken Howard'. I skimmed through all the information until I saw this

Cause of death: Murder

 Murder. This meant that he was probably one of Jeff's victims.

And to think; pretty soon I would be on one of these papers.

I picked up another one.

Marrietta Stienfeld

Age: 56

Line of work: None

Date of birth: 4/30

Spouse status: None

Cause of death: Murder

It seemed like all of these were Jeff's victims. I looked at more and more of them, all the same cause of death. They were all pretty much the same old untold story, except for one that caught me eye. A pretty face, couldn't be any older than early twenties, flowing brown hair, sparkling green eyes, and a beautiful smile. She basically looked like everything I wished I did.

Name: Adriana Maas

Age: 21

Line of work: Accountant

Date of birth: 7/18

Spouse status: Engaged; Partner: Jack Marshall

Cause of death: Murder

Jack Marshall? No way...

Jack?

Almost-would-have-killed-me-if-it-wasn't-for-Jeff-wanting-me-as-his-victim-Jack

That Jack?

I had talked to Jack before, he told me his last name after I had annoying it out of him.

Jack Marshall

Jeff Killed Jack's fiance... And I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe that was the reason he started killing... Maybe that's the reason he's miserable...

Because of Jeff.

I gaped at it in amazement. I could bet with every ounce of my being that Jack had no clue it was Jeff that did it. And here I was, just staring at it in awe. Until a deep voice broke me from my thoughts.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" I heard as Jeff tackled me.

"How could you do that to your friend?!"

"I didn't to anything to any friend!!" He yelled laying on top of me trying to make my stay.

"Then what is this?!" I held the paper up to his face as he froze.

After a moment I lowered the paper and saw the ashamed look on his face.

"... I didn't even know Jack back then."

I was silent. He seemed pretty miserable.

"It was my first real kill." I stayed silent as he stood up. "The only one I regret."

I stood up, unknowing what he might do next. He was a tricky one.

"Look, Jack can't know about this. You can't tell him."

"Hmmm... I don't know..." I said deviously. My plan was working.

He stared at me suspiciously, "... What do you want?" He knew.

"For you to let me go."

He shrugged and lifted his arms just a little so they would fall at his sides. I could tell he was contemplating for a moment what to do, but then he leaned over and opened his door, motioning me to go. 

"You know the way out. It's unlocked."

I excitedly nodded and ran out the door.

Finally, I was free. All I had to do was get to an airport, call Maddie, and find some way to get back home. I just played a killers game and beat him at it, and it felt fucking great.