Chapter 15

*Whistles*

Shitty chapter, no Jeff, Why is this particular one so long? Fuck, I don't know.

We're up to a thousand reads now! YAYAYAYAYAY *dances* I LOVEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUU SOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHH

Now go buy yourself another cat because you deserve it for being so awesome. Really tho.

You can read this story to that cat, too! YAY :D

Peace out, girlies

Chapter 15:

I walked home that morning having no clue what I was doing. I was all over the place, sidewalk, grass, ran into a few trash cans, walked straight into someones mailbox and broke it straight off it's hinges, got a mouth full of sass from am angry old man. Hell, I even walked in the middle of the road without even realizing it. It was as if I had my eyes closed the entire time. And even once, a police officer pulled over and made me take a breathalyzer test to see if I was drunk. I was so out of it I didn't even realize I was out in public, the very reason I had Jeff escort me through the woods. 

I had stood outside the building all night trying to decide how I felt about my mom's death. Trying to decide how I felt about the monster I had brought upon myself. Trying to even decipher if this was even real. And with about five hours over thinking about it I had come up with only one answer:

Nothing.

I simply felt no emotion about it. Or it was undecided, but it was just all too soon. As if too many things were happening in one scene that my emotions just completely shut down. And in a way, it was the only thing saving me at this point.

After what seemed like hours upon hours, I had finally reached the porch steps to my house. The very place I awaited a beast lying in my bed once more. And to my surprise, he was nowhere in sight. A lonely, gloomy house all to myself. I was happy with that, though, it was better than finding Jeff here. But it just didn't feel the same, nothing would ever feel the same anymore. Are you ready for the most twisted part? 

It was a good thing.

No more stress, no more putting up with drunken nights, holding her from falling from the spins, I could get on with my life. And I know what you're thinking "You little bitch your mom took care of you and put food on your plate every night!" And no actually, I was quiet used to taking complete care of myself. Seeing as how much my mom worked I would normally make dinner for myself and her as well, though she'd never eat it. And the only reason she would work over time so much was to afford more nights at the bar, not any bills. The house was already paid off, and we had government funding due to the death of my father. There's a lot you don't know about my mother. Well, not yet at least.

"Fuck..." I dragged out as I fell on the couch. Everything was so complex now. Now I was an orphan; I could legally be put up for adoption. I didn't want to. I wanted to live on my own, it wasn't that long before I would turn eighteen anyways. What good would a few months with a new family do? Depending on if anyone would want to adopt such a confusion as myself. 

Here's what would happen; some mind numbingly idiotic couple would adopted me, I would live with them for a few months, move out, and never come in contact with them again. It would be a waste of time for both them and myself.

I needed somewhere to hide out for a little while, and the first place I thought of was Maddie's. I probably should have checked in with her earlier, she did pay for my plane ticket after all. I hoped her parents weren't too upset, if they even knew yet. Maddie's probably wasn't the best place to go considering everyone knew she was my best friend, and police might have even questioned her about my absence lately, but I literally had nowhere else I could go. It was a long shot, but the only one I had left.