Chapter 16

So due to my horrible internet that much resembles the quality of Wal-Mart's,

It's taken a while to have the patience to write this.

HOWEVER

Due to my undeniably ridiculous amount of space between my chapters, I'm going to try and update more often. 

I'M NOT GOING TO SET IT IN STONE OR ANYTHING JUST

YOU KNOW

I'M GONNA TRY

WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPS

ANYWAYS

Don't forget to vote, comment, and read this story to your cat

(Just curious, how many of you actually have a cat?)

Peace out, girl scout.

Chapter 16:

I jolted out of bed. Terror. Nothing but terror. What happened to the feeling of safety that I had before I went to sleep? Was I just tired? My mind had been tricking me. Yes, that must have been it. I thought I was just going purely insane at this point. But then again, I hadn't then known what the true definition of insanity vs sanity was. Only the thought of Jeff was crossing my mind. He was here. Somewhere, don't ask me, I had no clue. But he was close. Too close. I wanted to get out of this house before I had put Maddie and her family in danger. First thing was though, I had to open my eyes. I didn't want to, though. All I had wanted to do was fall back asleep not have to deal with it all. Just for a moment, not smell the aroma of dried blood and greasy hair.

... What was I talking about?! 

Dried blood? Greasy hair? How was I smelling...

I idiotically slowly opened my eyes and twisted my head to the spot where Maddie had lay. But what I had seen, wasn't Maddie at all. What I had seen... Was a thin, pail as day figure, lying comfortably next to me, sound asleep. 

Guess who it was.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as in a seconds notice, flung off the 4 foot tall bed and crashed onto the floor. A second later, Maddie's face peered from the bed, looking terrified at her awakening.

"What the fuck, Jill?!"

"Maddie?"

"WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT NINE IN THE MORNING?!"

"NOW YOU'RE SCREAMING!"

She sat back up on the bed and buried her face in her palms- frustrated. "Ok, I want to know, and I will know why you're going so insane."

"I don't know wha-"

"Shut up."

"..."

"You didn't run away. Don't give me that bullshit."

"It's not bullshit."

"You've proven more than once that that is in fact, a load of shit, Jill."

I stayed silent. Maybe she would just roll over and fall back asleep, though I know that would never happen. 

"You're going insane."

I couldn't argue. Maybe I was. Even so I couldn't let that get the best of me. I'm insane, I deal with a serial killer, both my parents are dead. But I wasn't going to wallow in self pity about it. Now, it was about survival. And I was determine to do exactly that.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know."

"... Ok."