Chapter one

Heyyyy! So, I wrote this one shot what feels like a loooooong time ago, and it kinda sucks. Not sugar-coating it. However, I kinda want to leave it on here. It gets better though. At least, I like to think it does!

Piper

I sighed.

Pushing over the heavy door, I tip-toed into the Athena Cabin. Where was Annabeth? A loud snore came from one of the bunks.

"Annabeth?" I recognized as her bunk, but Annabeth snoring? I leaned over the two shapes in the-wait what?!??! TWO forms!!! I shook the nearest one.

"Hudvdvcnxia andbduxksndbf basidixs." It replied sleepily.

"Seaweed brain?" Asked the other.

"Annabeth?" I said in disbelief. She shot out of bed, blushing like a tomato.

"Can we talk? Outside?" I lead her to a place not far from the cabin.

"Ummm...what do you want to talk about?" She asked nervously.

"Actually, that." I pointed back at the cabin. "You and Percy."

"Piper! Let me explain-"

"No need. But I need your help....on relationship advice."

"Really?" She looked shocked. "Why?"

"Well....you and Percy are so perfect together." I stared at my shoes. "And lately Jason has become kinda...."

"Distant?"

"Yeah."

"Piper...I'm sorry. Maybe it's because of Leo?"

Leo....oh gods. Tears came to my eyes as I thought of Leo, who we hadn't seen hair nor hide of in weeks. I talked to Nico. He thinks that Leo's.. Suddenly I realize I'm sobbing. Someone's arm slides around my shoulders, and it doesn't feel like Annabeth's.

Jason

*five minutes earlier*

I had woken up in the middle of the night wide awake, so I decided to take a walk. It was dead silent, and peaceful, until I saw the moon light up to distant figures.

"...Leo?" One of them said. Was that....Annabeth? The other was quiet for a moment, but as I got closer she began to sob. Oh gods...Piper!

I reached around her back and hugged her. Annabeth slipped away into the night as we lay there, tears running down her face and me trying to stop them.

"It hurts." She said.

"I know." I whispered. "It hurts more than I could ever had imagined."

"I just wish-" Her voice broke a little. "I wish we had been there. I wish he hadn't died alone."

I knew how she felt. Every night a voice in my head whispered those thoughts into my head.

Storm or Fire. It should have been you.

You should have done something.

It's all your fault.

I wish I had done something.

I should have done something.