13- Freckles Like Stars

"Nico

"Nico." Will's face shone. "Do you like it?"

Nico grinned. "I love it. It's gorgeous." He looked back and forth between the starry sky and Will, unable to tell which was brighter. The constellations had nothing on Will's freckles. Cheesy maybe, but true.

Will took a deep breath, and slipped his hand into Nico's.

"Your hand is so warm!" Nico declared just as Will announced "Your hand is so cold!" They laughed, and Nico, feeling brave, squeezed Will's hand a bit tighter.

"Did I ever tell about the time when I accidently set Cecil on fire?" Will asked.

"No..."

"It was around July, and.." As Will rambled about flammable marshmallows, Nico took a good look around, wanting to save this moment forever. The stars shone above, and Will looked so perfect in the moonlight.

"Solace?" Will turned at the sound. Before he could lose his nerve, Nico leaned closer and kissed Will, and god damn it was everything he had ever hoped. He could taste the chocolate they had been eating and gods of olympus he was warm. The kiss was soft, and it ended far too soon for Nico's liking. They lay there, on the top of the climbing wall, and just smiled like idiots at each other. Well, they were idiots. Idiots in love. Just as Will moved closer, a shriek broke out.

"Campers! Campers out of bed!" A Harpy had spotted them.

"Shit shit shit." Will scrambled down. "Run Neeks, run!"

Laughing, Nico followed Will as he ran through the camp, tripping over his own feet.

Dork.

----------

The day was beautiful. It was sunny, cloudless, and warm. Nico clutched Will's hand, nervous about going to breakfast.

"Neeks." Will murmured. "It's ok. They're Greeks. We are literally in the gayest camp ever." Nico wanted to believe him, he did believe him, but that didn't stop the butterflies in his stomach from multiplying.

He shouldn't have worried. A few whistles, a couple "About time!" and a lot of happy looks, but no harsh words, no glares or dirty looks.

"Kiss!" Lou Ellen yelled.

Will wrapped his arms around Nico, and kissed him in front of the rest of the camp, prompting a second round of cheering.

"Will." Nico smiled, gently pulling back. "Thank you.

---------

Jason stood in the doorway of the Hades Cabin. His words died in his throat as Nico murmured Will's name in his sleep, a smile stretching over his face. Jason swallowed his tears, the scene hurt to look at. He quietly shut the door.

"Let's go." He said to Hazel. "Let's just let him sleep. He's finally happy."

Piper's warm hand slipped into his, and together they headed to the campfire.

How is it? He wondered. That a day so beautiful is so ugly. It was sunny, cloudless and warm, but a fire raged. And in that fire was a shroud, shining gold amidst the flames.

A shroud for a son of Apollo. 

A son of Apollo with freckles like stars.