11- Color in a black and white world

Short, sweet and admittedly not my best work, but I like it. Just so you know, I'm open to any suggestions for future one-shots! 

 Just so you know, I'm open to any suggestions for future one-shots! 

She stared out across the water. It was too calm, too peaceful to match the storm brewing inside. Her eyes stung, but she remained perfectly still. Grass shot of the ground around her, twisting into words. Worthless. Priceless. Marred. Perfect. Which was she? Both? Neither? She was to confused to think straight, bits and pieces of memories and thoughts twisting and breaking and combining.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"What are you?" His face was distorted in disgust. I'm- i'm still me. I promise.

**********

"Mom! I'm scared!" The boy's face was terrified.

"Get away! Freak." The women spat. This is my new family?

**********

"From now on, it's to two of us against the world. I'll never leave you." Oh Mark.

**********

"I love you. Forever and always. My little sis-" -No no no no not him please

**********

"Medic! Help! Please! Stay with me. Stay with me. Stay." Stay. Why couldn't he stay.

**********

"Oh no. Ambrosia! Nectar!" "Why isn't it working?" "No no no. We can't lose him."

"MARK!" Mark.

**********

"I'm sorry. You were too late. He's gone" Gone. Forever. And always.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

She sobbed, rocking back and forth. Her body shook, and her face was wet with tears. Unaware of the cold breeze blowing, not caring about the rain lightly falling on the water far away. She was wrapped in her own little storm, wind enveloping her and hail pelting her mental landscape. The sun snuffed out by the cold wind, clouds covering the formerly blue sky, the storm whipped around her, completely invisible to everyone but her.

Well-

Not everyone.

And, bough it sounds stupidly cheesy and symbolic, he was the sunshine to her thunder, the rainbow to her storm. His smile cleared the clouds away, and the simple touch of his arm around her shoulder brought the light back to her eyes.

Yes, as strange as it sounded, Travis Stoll was the color in Katie Gardener's black and white life.

Tratie!(You miss it if you blink though). Happy Thursday!! Hang in there!

-Katie D