6. Tratie Part Four: We're all gonna die.

Travis

Travis

Campers drew swords and daggers as the hellhounds charged. I ran into my cabin, placed Katie on a bed, and snatched my shield and sword off my bedside table. Outside, the battle was just beginning. At first, the campers were winning. After a few minutes though, it was getting harder and harder to hold off the monsters. Here and there a camper lay on the ground, injured or worse. Aphaea laughed, and the moment of distraction it caused me allowed the hellhound I was fighting to get the upper hand. Leaping, it landed on me and the person next to me-Miranda, Katie's sister- and sent both of us crashing to the ground. Looking into those snarling jaws, I knew that this is how it would end.

Or, how it would have ended if it weren't for Conner. I glanced at him through a haze of monster dust. He gave me a small smile as he helped me and Miranda up. But we let our guard down to soon. Gasping, Miranda shoved past Conner, stabbing the hellhound that was about to kill him. She wiped her knife in her jeans and smirked.

All of a sudden he grabbed her face and planted a huge kiss on her lips. Shaking my head and laughing, I plunged into the fight. A clear picture of Katie flooded into my head, her green eyes sparkling and her blond hair falling over her shoulders. I stood up straighter and was suddenly filled with a new found energy, slashed and hacked my way through the monster army.

However many I killed though, two more seemed to be in its place. The energy drained from me. Demigods fell or retreated until all who were left standing were shoved back to back in a tight circle, completely surrounded. I drew a shuddering breath, dangerously close to crying.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Percy drowning hellhounds, Jason blasting them with lightning and an elephant I assumed to be Frank smashing monsters. Leo was setting monsters on fire left and right. Piper was charming them to sleep, Hazel trapping them in gold cages and Annabeth stabbing them with unnatural speed. But our heroes were weakening. The waves came less frequently, the elephant exhausted. Cages broke and fire dimmed. It might be my imagination but I could have sworn I saw Aphaea weaving between them, her long fingers snatching the very power out of the seven. I watched in horror as our only hope of winning crumpled to the ground,

One

By

One.

 Hey! 

Sorry that this was short. Hopefully the next chapter will be longer. Also, you have started another book, so feel free to check that one out! If you have any ideas for a scene or new character, please please please let me know. And again, if you are reading this, comment!  I'm going to ask you a question, so if you know the answer, Comment! 

Q:What was the first word of the Sea of Monsters?

-Katie D AKA Cakelady25