ONE: ENCOUNTER

Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Brothers and Sisters.
Hi guys.

How have you been? It's been a while hasn't it ..... For those who have been reading Labarin Amirah .... hello guys it hasn't been a while for u sebi 😏

So here you have it. The book you've all been waiting for is finally out.
I hope you enjoy it. I promise not to disappoint you.
You know me with alot of mistakes sebi? That's if you read acceptance. .. I just can't bring myself to edit but if you point it out I will try as much as possible to correct necessary things In sha Allah.

Your comments are always welcome and constructive criticism is highly welcome too Never forget to press the star and vote.. if you like the chapter.

Thanks for adding and taking your time to read my jargons. 😘😘😘

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim.

Chapter ONE:

She twirled on the spot then stretched her neck to look ahead. She turned again and walked towards the security this time scrutinizing the floor carefully still searching for what she had lost.

She finally got to the security and asked him if he had seen it but he shook his head in a 'no' manner. She almost stormed her feet in annoyance but remembered she was in the airport surrounded by many people.

She had just aced her WAEC exams (West African Examination Council) so her father granted her wish, which was to visit her cousins who live in Benin.

Along the line while checking in and moving to the waiting hall she lost her national identity card and she was about to freak out.

She was sure she showed it to the security at the waiting hall before she passed. So now she's trailing all the path she followed since she walked in there.

She leaned on the wall almost about to give up, then she heard someone call her name.

Maryam Waheeda Ishaq!

He called.

She snapped her head to the direction of the caller and just in cue he turned to look at her.

He looked to the card in his hand then looked back at her. A smile slowly made its way to his lips. He walked graciously towards her. He was wearing a yellow FAAN vest. Indicating that he works at the airport.

"Excuse me, does this belong to you?" he raised the national ID card to her face.

She sighed in relief and nodded.
" Yes please. That's mine." She reached for it but he pulled it back.

She looked at him confused.

"How do I know you are telling me the truth. Prove that it belongs to you" he insisted.

"Uhm. Lemme see. ... how about the girl in the picture that looks exactly like me?" She pretended to think before stating the obvious.

"She could be your twin sister." He shrugged. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes.
He was beginning to get on her nerves but she was trying to hold down her temper. She searched her bag for her ticket and showed him the name to prove that the ID card was hers.

"Azman Airways. Where are you travelling to?"

She wanted to reply with what's your business just give me my ID card but she thought better than to be rude.