FIFTEEN: CONFESSION

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: CONFESSION

The tension in the room was too intense as Iqram played with her fingers and Sameera stared at her.
They have been like that for over a minute.

"Yes. I think I like him.." Iqram finally answered Sameera's question.

"But I swear to God I didn't mean to. He was the one who started being nice to me. Remember the chocolate he sent me I was so happy but later I found out that it was a mistake and it was sent to Waheeda not me Maryam Iqram. Wallahi I cried. I swear at first I thought they were just friends with no feelings attached..... remember how Waheeda kept denying that they were dating." Iqram thrilled off. She was shaking.

"But you do know that Waheeda likes him right?"

"I only figured that out later.... when it was too late."

Sameera sighed.

"But you do know that Muhsin likes her right."

"I swear I couldn't tell. At first  I thought so but then he was too nice to me and he even had a girlfriend."

"Look Iqram. I don't want to be the friend that has to choose between two really close friends. I bet Waheeda is already suspecting something. How are you going to take care of this?" Sameera asked her sternly.

"I don't know. Maybe I should stop talking to him?" She asked as a lone tear escaped her eyes before she burst into tears. 

She cried hard as Sameera patted her back and hugged her. "Its okay. Everything will be alright."

"What's going on here? Iqram! What's wrong?" Waheeda's panicked voice made them jolt apart.

Iqram quickly wiped her tears. "Nothing." She stood up and left the room. 

"What's wrong with her?" She asked Sameera.

"I also don't know. Was just trying to comfort her."

Throughout the week Waheeda tried to get to the bottom of what was wrong with Iqram but to no avail. Iqram was down throughout the week. Hida even asked Mushin to help her find out what was wrong with Iqram since they were so close but he complained that she doesn't even talk to him much lately. Only the necessary greeting...... when he pings her. 

Waheeda finally gave up as Iqram started returning to herself.

*****

She was walking with Iqram to the cafeteria for lunch before they go back to the hostel when Iqram saw Naseer.

"Isn't that Naseer? " she asked Hida.

"Yes. He's the one. What's he doing here?"

Waheeda hasn't seen him since they broke up.

"Am glad you broke  up with him. He was beginning to sound suspicious anyways. Sameera was the happiest though."

Hida gave her a small smile. "I feel bad though. I don't want to meet him. Do we really have to eat lunch there?" She asked Iqram looking a little worried.

"Yes we have to. Babe you can't avoid him forever." Iqram dragged her.

"You're right. But remember I told you I was going to introduce you to Abdulmajeed. So lets just wait for him here and we can eat after he leaves."

"No!!" She said sternly and pulled her friend along.

"Oooh. Speak of the devil." Exclaimed one of the guys Naseer was standing with beside the cafeteria.