EIGHTEEN:MARRIAGE TALK

It's never too late to ask for forgiveness. I would like to use this medium to seek for forgiveness from whomever I've wronged .... It's the month of Ramadan and I'd like to go through it pure of sins Insha Allah. I have forgiven those who have wronged me too and May Allah (SWT ) forgive us all. Amin.

Some of us lost our parents and dear ones before this blessed month. I pray that Allah forgives them their wrong doings and that they are in a better place In sha Allah. Those that are left behind I pray that Allah gives you the fortitude to bear their loss. And in this pure month of Ramadan I urge you all to pray for yourselves, your loved ones and your lost ones. Then pray for the lost of others. Pray for those who saw this year but were not privilaged enough to see this month. Pray for your friends and pray for the ummah as a whole. May Allah continue to guide us, protect us,forgive us and never let us to ourselves may He continue to be with is. Amin.
Ramadan Mubarak beautiful souls.

*****************

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:MARRIAGE TALK

That night, Waheeda finally accepted Abdulmajeed's call. She had already deleted his and his brother's numbers from her phone but one glance at the number again, she recognized it was him. She answered because of only one reason to hear about Yaseer.

"What happened to him?" She asked.

"He's behind bars." He informed her.

"Why are the police after him?"

"Actually parents are the ones that are after him. Long story."

"How do you know him."

"My friend has been on his case.. so.."

"Okay."

She wanted to ask 'were you injured. How did you deal with them' but she couldn't. She didn't want to care.

"Bye" she said instead.

"Wait Maryam. We.... we haven't spoken in forever. A whole month. It feels like forever. I miss you." He said calmly.

She couldn't say anything. There was a ball of tears in her throat and if she moved it, she is afraid she might drown in her tears. She also missed them too. Their friendship.

"Just listen to me. Please don't drop the call. I am sorry that things happened this way. I am sorry I went to see your father without your permission but you sent me the second time so I thought it was okay. I am sorry I came with Abba but I swear I didn't plan their meeting with your father. I couldn't say no.... I thought of you I even asked about your opinion but your Daddy said it was okay. I knew you said you weren't ready for marriage but it was offered to me because I was trusted and after visiting your father twice just so he could approve of me to marry you, how could I say no? What would that make me? It is no secret that I love you.

And about my brother.... I am so sorry. Wallahi tallahi we both didn't know. I swear to God. I am so sorry about everything. It's now left for you to make a decision. I won't force you to be my wife....."

Waheeda swallowed and the water works started. He had succeeded in making her cry. Apart from the random silent tears she shed this was the second time she was crying so hard since the time with Daddy. Abdulmajeed heard her whimper and his heart broke. Before he could say anything she dropped the call.

What has he done?

****

Suraj knocked on her door. "Come in" she ushered him.

He sauntered in and sat on her bed but didn't say anything to her. He then stood up and looked around the room touching a few things and gathering his thoughts as he asked her a few things about the items in her room. She knew he wasn't here to inspect her interior decor skills.