THIRTY ONE : BITTER REASON

This awesome person sarrahtoo has finally published her book "BECOMING" in hardcopy.. Yup yup. Another Goal 😍😍😍. You have to read it. Yup you have to. So contact her and get yours delivered. Got my copy already.

Here you go.

Chapter 31: Bitter reason

"What the hell just happened Maryam. And why is that man apolosing? And did you really have to cause a scene in front to the kids?"

She ignored him and lay on the bed still backing him. She closed her eyes slowly to calm herself but her heart and hands were still shaking.

Furious that she didn't even look at him, Abdulmajeed walked with long strides to face her. One look at her and something tore in his chest.

"Do you mind explaining?" He asked in the same tone as earlier but his voice was lower.

"Its almost time for iftar. We still have our reservation right? " she asked still with her eyes closed. He didn't reply.
"Can I sleep for a bit please? I have headache."

When she opened her eyes, the part that tore in his chest almost fell off. Her eyes were red but she wasn't even crying. Opening her eyes gave her face a whole new expression. She looked sad and broken and a million more things.
He was compelled to nod yes.

He left her alone and went to chat with the kids until it's time to go out and break their fast.

Iftar at the restaurant was simple and nice, they took the kids for Ice cream before they returned home.

Waheeda knew she had to explain everything to Abdulmajeed or he might get really furious and they will end up in a silent fight. She sat on the carpet of their room waiting for him to finish whatever he was doing and ask her for explanation.
For once, she was ready to tell him alot of things she couldn't even bring herself to think of before not to even talk of telling someone.

When he was done with his business, Abdulmajeed stepped out with his bag to check on some work papers and watch a program or two. He worked till late and Heeda had already slept. So they didn't get to talk.

**

She walked slowly through the long hall. Smiling and nodding respectfully at the people she passby.

"Oh Isn't that Hajiya's daughter? " She heard someone, she turned to look at him.

"Mr. Ikogo" she smiled. "Good afternoon. "

"Wow. Mariam. It's been a while. How are you?"

"Fine. How is Blessing?" She asked after his daughter. She's known her since birth. They have played in the office playroom a couple of times.

"You will be surely surprised of how big she's gotten. She just turned fifteen."

"Wow. That's nice. Does she still want to be a chef?" She laughed remembering how Blessing went everywhere with her play kitchen set. Telling everyone that she wants to be a chef.

"She is a good cook alright. I enrolled her in a cooking school last year. But She has a new ambition now. She wants to be a doctor." He said proudly.

"Wow. That is wonderful. I will love to meet her...."

"Waheeda?" Mummy's voice interrupted her conversation with Mr. Ikogo.

"Yes. Mummy." She turned to her with a smile.

"Come in. I'm done."

She bid farewell to the nice man then walked into her mother's office. They were going to have a long talk.