THIRTY-NINE: Life As It Is.

Hello loyal people.

I know. I know 😫😫 I know 🙈 ...Im sorry.  I know 😂😂 I know. 😘😘😘
Thank you. ❤❤

Hey Lawyers.!!!
We have plenty of them on this app. Congratulations on your call to bar. All you amazing solicitors. May Allah bless you and what you've achieved. May this be useful to you here and hereafter and never against you. Ameen.

Guys I miss zeenat01al-farsi in law 😭
She just disappeared like bubbles. 😓😪

And here is an update before December as promised. The second to the last chapter. On that note 😁I would like to dedicate this chapter to today's birthday girl, a very loyal reader and long time friend (about 12year now since Ansar), an amazing soul sometimes I keep writing because of her 😫😫 the love she shows my jaga jaga labarai you will think I'm a new York Times best seller. Alhamdulillah. Thank you rukypotter and happy birthday. I wish you khair in this Duniya and Jannah in the hereafter. ♥️❤❤

*******

*NB : very very very not edited. Didn't read it through at all.

Chapter 39: Life As It Is.

BTCC 39.

'Nerve-wracking' he hasnt used that word since his Nikaah day. He could hardly feel his feet but he was continuously tapping them. His palms were sweaty, no amount of wiping them on his trouser stopped the sweat. His face held a serious look but he was shaking on the inside.
As the registrar called in the next case, his heart fell in his chest. He prayed like his heart would be pulled out. His eyes lingered as Hadiza Umar stepped out of the dock by the left and senator Frank was escorted by the police to the dock for his own querry and judgment.

Now his eyes painfully traced to his father who was in handcuffs sitting between Senator Opeyemi and Ambassador Jamilu Tsoho with security guards behind them. Abubakar Suleiman's eyes had not left the ground since the court started. Not even when Opayemi accused him of a whole new crime or when Hadiza mentioned him as her accomplice. He kept calm all through looking remorseful. Abdulmajeed could only hope that his look reflected what was within.

After much argument between the prosecutor and Sen. Frank's lawyer, Sen Frank was finally dismissed and he walked passed the prosecutor with a smirk and full satisfaction in his eyes. Thinking he would win this case. Sen. Abubakar Suleiman was called up by the registrar and Abdulmajeed felt like passing out. His breath hitched. He couldn't watch he almost left the chamber but he remembered he was there to support his father no matter what. He couldn't wait for the disaster to be over. Mrs Kinsley tapped him gently and muttered 'it's going to be okay.

He nodded at the woman in her late 30s. She had been nothing but kind to him since he arrived Abuja. She had been his father's Secretary for twelve years. Since her mid twenty. She described the senator as kind, warm, friendly yet strict and sometimes impatient. She said he holds grudges but forgives if you quickly realize your mistake with no argument.

Abdulmajeed thought that explained the grudge his father still held against him. But looking at him now across the hall he saw nothing but a remorseful man, a father. Mrs Kinsley and Mr Hassan, his father's lawyer, told him that the senator loved mentioning him and was very proud of him. That he would sometimes buy packs of sweets for everyone on a certain day of the year. They later figured it was Abdulmajeed's birthday. Yes he was mad at his son for many reasons and he wouldn't talk to him or let him contact him for so many other reason but he loved him just as much as he loved all his children.
Though this type if love would never make sense to Abdulmajeed he just settled with the fact that a parent would never hate their own child, therefore senator Abubakar Suleiman would always worry about his son.