2. Boozohead and the Freak

Chapter 2 : BoozoHead and the Freak

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

I obeyed everything that dad said and see what happened, he forbade me from dating. I pretty much missed the fun, a lot of fun.

His explanation about ‘Jade will never date’ was unreasonable at all the grounds. What does it have to do with Sage? She would find a guy sooner or later but she will so why was dad acting like that?

I was almost seventeen, I wasn’t the type of girl who would need a guy all the time to support her or save her from any trouble but dating was a very important lesson of someone’s life. Having someone who you love must be a good feeling.
What was the harm in it anyways?

I was lying on my bed ever since my encounter with Dad about my ever absent love life, but to my misfortune, I had to get up and get ready for school.

Ah, the same school where people have a right to date, not like me.

The moment I began to get out of the room after getting ready, I heard a loud ‘thump’ noise from the yard. I rushed to the window and peeked outside to get the view. If it was any other person, his eyes would have popped out at the scene but not mine, I was too regular of watching the epic disasters by my lovely sister, Sage. And today, her aim was a Chevy Camaro which she was hammering with her leg and left some deep dents as well.

But what raised my curiosity was that who was inside that car and what did he do to make Sagy angry.
I walked downstairs and to the door but couldn’t get out as it was locked, from outside.

“What the hell Sage?” I murmured, trying to open the door, which was quite impossible to do.
I set aside the curtains of the window at the door side and was surprised when I saw who she was releasing her anger on.

“Sage, open the door.” I screamed from inside, rotating the knob violently. What the hell was Sage doing?
But she didn’t listen to a single word I screamed as she was too busy in damaging Zac’s car.

Zac tried to calm Sage down but she was too aggressive to stop.

“Zac, open the freaking door.” I yelled out.
Zac’s attention went to me and he came rushing toward the door.

“What did you do this time Zac?” I shouted while getting out of the house.
Zac shrugged and spoke, “I just came inside your driveway and Sage lunged at me.”
“She’s not crazy, there must be a reason.” I stated and then ran to Sage.

She may be affecting the car but the expression on her face looked calm and of satisfaction.

“Sagy, stop it now. Zac’s sorry for whatever he did.” I said in a singing tone.
“No I am not.” Zac snapped. I passed him a death glaze with made him to stop explanation.
“The guy’s a dickhead.” she spoke for the first time and that was enough for Zac to gasp like a girl and say, “No I am not. In any ways, it was your fault Sage.”

“Seriously guys, what is happening here? Explain it Zac.” I spat.
“She kicked my car just because I rang the doorbell for five times and that’s because no one was opening the door.”

I looked at Sage and asked, “Really?”
“I was feeling sick. Plus, he kept pressing his car’s horn, I was annoyed by it. And he walked toward your window as well, without anyone’s permission.” Sage explained.

I tried my best to control the scream that was dying to get out but first asked Zac to leave the house.

“Zac, just go. I’ll talk to you about this later.” I spoke.
“But I didn’t do what I came here for.” he whined.
“Just go.”