13. The adventures in the mathematic class

CHAPTER 13 - The adventures in the mathematic class

'We are offered a proposition to do an education; they never said we had to like it.'

And another boring day of school. Last week, I send Sage and Ryan on three dates.
Give me a cheer! I deserve a party for that.

Wasn't I a genius? But I didn't think they are taking it as a date. Just a friendly hangout again.

But now, the main objective was to convince dad that Sage was dating someone, or was at least trying to date someone. to dad. The main purpose of the plan as to convince dad, but along the way, I found that I was doing it for Sage as well. She wasn't a very open person, maybe a companion would help her open up. She deserved someone who would treat her well and with respect, not like those boys who got into fights with her, calling her by offensive names.

I would backlash every time I would hear someone calling her with those names and tags, punching a few as well. But Sage told me not to do so, she believed that there was no way we could make everyone happy, so we should just stop with that and make efforts to make ourself a happier person.

The bell rang, indicating that it was the fourth period. And according to my time table; I had mathematics. I thought every bit of being perky evaporated by that realization.

I entered my torture room, or also known as mathematics to some of the students. I hoped that Mr. Maguire was absent that day, just like our English teacher, Mr. Scott, was a few days ago.
Happy memories. Actually no, it wasn't happy because Sage got into a fight that day.

I walked to my seat but before I could sit on it, someone pulled it away from me. Good thing that I was not going to sit on it right away or my butt would get hurt due to falling hard on the floor. 

I turned my head to see who it was and found a familiar guy smiling at me. It was Ashton, one of Ryan's friends.

"Hey Jade," he said. 

"Hi?" My words sounded more like a question that a reply.

"I came here to say that I didn't mean to ignore or avoid you that day," he replied. Did he just apologized to me without even saying sorry? Clever guy.

"I don't know what you're talking about. In fact, who are you?" I asked bluntly. 

Yeah, if he thought he was some sort of God who could be rude to me and then apologize without even saying sorry, then my friend, that's what you get; attitude.

His face fell and he looked confused. 

"Um, you don't know who I am?" He asked.

You are Ashton, but I'm just being blunt because you were rude to me. "No."

His smirk came back and he spoke with amusement, "That's something new. You are pretty interesting, Newly. It'll be fun to know you." 

Kitten, really? He really was Ryan's friend.

"I don't think it's a good idea. It's better if you stay away from me."

"Why? Do you have some kind of contagious disease, darling?"

"Yeah, it's called I'll-kick-your-ass-if-you-try-to-be-smart-with-mevitis."

"Interesting. I'd love to see a sight of that then. Bye Mewly," And then he walked away to his seat.

What? My last name's Newly, not Mewly. That sounds like a cat's surname.

"Lost in your wonderland again, Alice?" a voice called, grabbing me back to reality, thanks to Ryan Matthews for that.