38. Happy birthday to me

Dedicated to Tainted_Dreams for her wonderful comments and love toward the story! Thank you so much! :)

CHAPTER 38 : Happy birthday to me!

 31st December 2013

I woke up with the sound of disgusting guitar and my dad's horrible singing!

What a way to start your day?

I opened my eyes slowly and saw dad playing a guitar and singing his lungs out. Sage was standing there with a gift but had a disgusted look on her face. Totally because of dad.

My eyes went to the childish decorations in my room when my mind finally got sober and I started jumping on my bed like a manic.

"It's my birthday! Woho!" I shouted, dancing on the white sheets of my bed. 

"It is my baby Princess." dad sang.

"Happy birthday Bozohead. You're finally seventeen." Sage wished, smiling.

"Thanks!" I chirped, still doing the jumping.

You see, I loveeee birthdays. Not only men, but everyone's. Everyone's so happy on their birth anniversary, always smiling and have a good mood throughout the day. Even when it's Sage's birthday, I become happy because of the birthday atmosphere in the house.

You're like a VIP on your birthday!

Plus, no one can scold you today! Yay!

"My little baby girl turned seventeen today,

It feels like it was just yesterday when she went out to the park to play.

Time passes so fast when you see your kids grow,

And she turned seventeen today, whoa!" dad sang, with his not so great voice. Damn, it's actually pathetic. And that loud 'whoa' in the end, worst part!

But he still spend almost the whole night to write this song and think of the rhyming words. Whatever my dad do is amazing in it's own way and that's why I love the most weirdest dad in the history of universe because he's just my daddy..and Sage's too.

'Thanks dad." I jumped from my bed and hugged him tightly.

"Love you princess." he said smiling.

"My turn." Sage spoke.

I pulled away from dad and Sage gave me a gift box, wrapped in a shiny blue wrapping paper.

I love suprises!

I grinned widely at her like a kid getting to ride his first bicycle and begin opening it.

As the moment the thing inside the box was visible to me, I choked. She was smiling like she got me the best gift ever but then she gifts me this?

How?

"A Baby Bug and Tweety doll?" I asked, sitting on my bed, pointing the stuffed dolls to Sage.