A Night Like No Other

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

Edit(7.31.18): I want to make it known that the art is not mine, I did try to search for it on the internet again but could not find the original image. I wanted to give credit to the artist, like I should have when I first came across it. I hope I haven't offended the artist in anyway shape or form, the piece was just very beautiful and I wanted to use it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cool evening breeze rustles the leaves in the trees around Kaede's little village. Not a soul in the village was awake, though one had woken from his slumber and slipped away unbeknownst to his companions. Something had awoken the hanyō, a feeling in his heart. He decided the best thing to do was follow it, and it led him to the woman of his heart. His heart skipped a beat just seeing her sitting there.

The woman sat there with her back against a tree, with her black tresses pulled back in a pony tail, save the strands on either side of her face to almost framing it perfectly. She looked exactly as she did in life, it was almost hardly to believe she wasn't alive. If you couldn't see the soul collectors you would believe she was just a priestess sitting alone in the woods by herself. Though it would be a foolish thing to do in such a time, where demon's walked the earth and war was as common as pregnancy.

As he stared, he couldn't help but whisper her name, "K-Kikyō.."

At the sound of the familiar voice saying her name, her gaze rose to meet those of the man she loved in life. Her brown eyes meeting his amber ones as he stepped towards her, as if he were in a trance. She rose from her spot, and tentatively took a small step forward as well. When he saw this, he started running towards her. With his arms opening, she started walking faster towards him. They almost clashed as she collided into his embrace, his arms wrapping protectively around.

She clutched her hands against his fire rat haori, as if she needed more evidence of his solidity

She clutched her hands against his fire rat haori, as if she needed more evidence of his solidity. Reflexively, he tightened his embrace and buried his face in her hair, breathing in her essence. Though it smelled of a grave and clay he still could smell her. Her scent from her life still linger if only a little and he breathed it in deeply, wanting more of it.

~~Back at the Village~~

Inside the small hut was a sleeping kitsune, monk, demon slayer, fire cat, and miko. They all sleep soundlessly, although one was having a very restless sleep. The miko tossed one way and turned the other but it didn't seem to help. She was dreaming, though it would be more correct to say having a nightmare.

The miko laid on the floor in the grass, staring at a beautiful woman who resembled Inuyasha's mother Izayoi. They were talking, though she was too far away to hear any words being spoken. She attempted to move and push herself up to walk over to them, but found that her body was immobilized. The woman held her arms open for an embrace and Inuyasha gladly accepted, opening his arms to return the embrace. It was then that the woman's appearance changed.