Chapter One

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun rose up in the sky for the day, its warm, multicolored hues shone through the window pane onto the face of the young miko and stirred her from her slumber. When she rolled over, a familiar pair of strong arms tightened ever so slightly around her. When her chocolate brown eyes blinked open, they were met with soft golden ones gazing back at her. For the last few months, they had spent every night like this. The daiyōkai was adamant about staying by her side to ensure her safety, and she gave up trying to argue it. She would never admit it to him, but she loved waking up in his arms everyday. It made every day just a little bit better knowing that it began and would end with him being by her side.

They had spent the night in her room at the family shrine when they had come to have dinner with the family the previous night, which they usually did at least once a week because she would help her mother out around the house to make sure things were still okay. She would also hound her brother to make sure he was doing good in school and not getting into trouble. Sometimes she would tease him about having crushes at school, though she could never get a name out of him.

By yōkai traditions they were mates, but she wanted to also be married through human tradition as well. Even though he saw no point in it, he had agreed to court her for a few months before he would propose. Every morning she woke up with a bit of butterflies in her stomach, wondering if it would be the day he asked. She had always dreamed of having a wedding, but never thought she would have a happily ever after like the princesses in fairy tales.

The daiyōkai gazed into her eyes, a small smile puling at his lips, "Good morning, mate. Did you sleep well?"

"Mm. Always do when you're with me Sesshō. G'mornin." she smiled, leaning forward and gently brushing her lips against his.

A soft rumble sounded in his throat and he caught her bottom lip between his teeth, sucking on the flesh a moment before releasing it. The action brought a gasp from her lips and sent shivers down her body. She swatted at his shoulder playfully, trying to give him a straight, stern look as she attempted to roll the other way to get out of bed. However, he was stronger and refused to let her go just yet.

"Sesshō, it's time to get up for the day. I do still have to go to school you know. It's no different than yesterday or the day before, or last week and will be no different tomorrow or next week. Besides, I've enjoyed reading your book about me in history class."

The daiyōkai looked at her, a perfect silver eyebrow raised, "How do you know it was this Sesshōmaru and not the kitsune who wrote the book?"

"Oh I have no doubt that he helped you write it, but you have always had elegant handwriting and were more educated than he was. It took me a bit to realize that but then I knew for sure that it was you."

With a soft chuckle, he loosened his arms to allow her to get up, "Hnn. The kitsune did help with parts this Sesshōmaru was not there to witness, which was quite a bit. The wolf yōkai helped a bit as well."

"Honestly, I'm just surprised nobody has realized it's me the book is talking about. Having been absent for a good chunk of school before now, with ridiculous illnesses. I haven't told my best friends, they didn't know about it in the first place and I'm not exactly sure how they would react to it. Besides, one of them probably wouldn't be able to keep the secret among themselves and I'd rather not deal with all of that unnecessary attention." she rambled on as she got dressed in her uniform.

Her high school uniform was different than the previous green and white one she used to wear. This one consisted of a white formal shirt, a deep blue button up jacket, a plaid skirt and a striped neck tie. The skirt was just as short as the green one had been, and this made the daiyōkai jealous, he did not want anyone else seeing so much of his mate's body. If it was up to him, she wouldn't have to go to begin with but he would not keep her from going. Education was important, and he would not get in the way of her academics.