Chapter Ten

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the big day, and she was as nervous and stressed as ever. She had been stressing over little details of everything, making sure people were sat in their respective areas to keep drama and trouble out of the day. The florist did a wonderful job on the flowers, though they came in last minute before the wedding and that's why she had been on edge. She, thankfully, didn't have to worry about catering since the daiyōkai had it all covered.

The rehearsal dinner the evening before had gone by smoothly, and she was surprised when she saw his mother. Without being introduced, she knew just from looking at the woman that it was his mother. It wasn't just because they had the same hair color, or that she stood out compared to the rest of the crowd. The woman was very proper and elegant, much like the daiyōkai always was, but the biggest hint was the woman's aura. It didn't demand attention or obedience, but it still had a powerful feel to it. 

 Currently, she was sitting in her wedding dress, with one of those hair salon ponchos covering it while her mother was working on her hair and her friend Eri was helping her with her makeup. They would rather have been extra safe, than to be stressed out about the dress getting ruined. She had wanted her hair curled, with some of it pulled back and held with a flower pin that her mother had given her. Eri had brought in a whole makeup box and was working on giving her a soft smokey eye look, since she hadn't wanted to wear much makeup in the first place. 

"I'm so excited, my baby is getting married today! I've waited for this moment for so long, and you're going to look so beautiful today dear. Everything will be just fine, I promise. You have no need to be so nervous. The flowers were just a little hiccup, but everything else is already set up." her mother smiled.

She was focused on sitting still so that Eri wouldn't mess up and nag her about moving, "I know I don't have a reason to be nervous, but I still am, it's a big day mom."

"You're not getting cold feet on your wedding day are you Kagome?" Eri asked, worry creasing her face as she stopped to look at her work.

She practically choked on air, "Oh, Kami, no. I would never do that to Sesshōmaru, he's such a sweetheart. He means the world to me, I know he's the one I could spend the rest of my life with. It's just that there's going to be a lot of people out there watching, and y'know...part of me is sad that dad isn't here."

"Oh honey, I miss your father too, but I know he would be proud of you and how far you've come. I also know your father would've taken a liking to Sesshōmaru. How about tonight, we celebrate for your father okay? He wouldn't want you to be sad on your wedding day." her mother's bright smile had faltered slightly as she talked about her late husband, they tried not to talk about him much but she knew as she said them that her words were true. Her late husband would have loved Sesshōmaru, just as she does. 

Eri fanned her eyes, "Come on guys, stop, you're going to make me cry and then we're all going to cry, and then I'm going to cry even harder because our makeup will get ruined and I have to spend another three hours on all of us."

"Stop being so dramatic Eri," Kagome chuckled, "we'll save the crying for after the reception."

With an eyebrow raised and a sly smile on her face, Eri shook her head, "You will not be crying after the reception, you have other business to attend to."

"Eri!" Kagome's cheeks flushed a deep red as she playfully smacked her friend's arm. 

Hands up as if to surrender, "Alright alright, let me finish your makeup, the ceremony is supposed to start soon and we can't have the bride being late to her own wedding."