Chapter Eight

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I want her to be there too Sessh, she's part of your family." the miko chided the daiyōkai who seemed to have no intent on talking to his mother.

The daiyōkai scrunched his nose, "Even if this Sesshōmaru desired to speak with his mother, he has no idea where she even resides these days. She has not made any appearance since the last time this Sesshōmaru saw her, before the hanyō Naraku was defeated."

"Isn't there anything you could try? It would mean a lot to me to have her there, even if only for a short time." she pleaded.

The daiyōkai sighed, rubbing his temples, "There is one place this Sesshōmaru can think of, she used to have a castle in the skies. If  it still stands and if she still resides there, this Sesshōmaru will attempt to persuade her into making an appearance at the ceremony."

"Wooah! A castle in the sky? That's pretty cool! Thank you Sessh for trying for me." she got up from her seat across the table, walking over to him and pressing her lips against his.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, the daiyōkai pulled his mate into his lap and covered her face with soft kisses. He was trying to make amends for being difficult, he knew she was staying strong. The last few days since their visit at her family shrine had been stressful with decision making for the wedding. The miko's mother kept firing question after question to make sure the couple were on top of things. 

Asking things like what kind of theme they wanted, were they going for a traditional shinto wedding or a western kind of wedding where she would have a white gown instead of a kimono. Would they prefer to say vows or go for the traditional San san ku do, did they want to have a yuino or not. The subject of the traditional yuino was what had brought up the subject of the daiyōkai's mother being invited. Being curious by nature, the miko, who had never met his mother before, jumped at the opportunity. Whether or not she would agree to a yuino didn't matter, what would matter was being able to meet her if she did attend the wedding. 

Later today, the miko would be going with her mother for dress shopping. The couple had settled on doing something in the middle of a traditional and western wedding. Instead of vows, they wanted to stir things up and do a traditional San san ku do. Though the miko wanted to wear a dress instead of a kimono, she was unsure if she wanted to go traditional white or go for a different color. While the miko would be going dress shopping, the daiyōkai planned on sending out invitations to the guests they had settled on inviting.

Obviously, her family was already invited, so the invitations he had to send out were to her trio of friends as well as a few yōkai whom lived in the building. The wolf yōkai and his mate, as well as their children and their pack, the kitsune, Shiori, and Myōga were the only yōkai that also had human forms that could attend the wedding. With the exception of Myōga, as he is a flea, he can still attend and be out of sight. They both wished that Jinenji would be able to attend, but they knew that he would not be able to unless by stroke of luck it was the time of month he turned human for a day. Even then, they knew he was very self conscious about it and only his mother had ever seen his human form.

The miko's phone sounded off with a light chime, and she looked at the time flashing on the screen, "Oh man! I'm gonna be late if I don't leave now!"

Scrambling off of his lap, the miko disappeared into their shared closet to throw on a change of clothes. She emerged a few moments later, wearing a light blue halter top dress that dropped to her knees and holding a pair of matching flats in one hand while she fingered through her hair with the other. The daiyōkai smiled at his mate as he took in her natural beauty, before standing and closing the distance between the couple.