Chapter Two

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imagine her surprise, when they ended up in the parking lot of the closest mall to the shrine. She gave him a quizzical look, an eyebrow raised at him as she unbuckled her seat belt. The daiyōkai simply smiled as her got out of the car, walking around to her side and holding out his arm for her. She obligingly took his arm, the car beeping as it locked behind them, and she followed him into the mall.

As they passed through the different stores, she kept tossing him questioningly glances that he never responded to. Finally, they stopped in front of possibly the last store she imagined he would ever step foot in. They were standing in front of the build your own stuffed animal shop, and he just kept a brilliant smile on his lips as he pulled her inside. 

"This is only part of our date, but I thought you might want to build something together? I do have business trips I occasionally go on and I thought you might like something to remind you of me when I'm gone. I will be making one to have a reminder of you, as well." he said as he pulled her against his chest, wrapping his arms around her waist as he gazed into her chocolate brown eyes.

Almost instantly, her cheeks flushed a bright, cherry red as a smile found its way to her lips, "That's very sweet and thoughtful of you Sesshō. I would love to make a little plush version of something that reminds me of you."

Her chocolate brown eyes scanned the shelves that covered the wall to their right, looking through the different animals that sat among them. When she found what she was looking for, she went to the bin number designated for it and fished a non-filled version of it out. She turned around with a big grin on her face as she held out the silver and grey husky for him to see. He shook his head, a smile still on his face as he reached into a bin and plucked out a black cat.

When they got to the fluff filling machine, they each picked up a small padded heart from the bowl next to the machine and kissed it before putting inside their animals. There were two spouts on either side of the machine, so they both got to fluff their animals at the same time. The miko wanted the husky to feel soft, not super packed with fluff so she was done before the daiyōkai was. He wanted the cat to be kind of soft but kind of firm at the same time, a happy middle ground. 

Once they finished filling their animals with fluff, they got to sew the backs of them shut to keep the fluff and the hearts inside the animals. Then came the fun part, getting to look through all the accessories and dress the animals! There was so many different thing to choose from, and it took them awhile to find a full outfit that they loved for the animals. When they finished, they met back up by the computers next to the registers to fill out the certificates for them.

She named her husky Sesshō, it was a nickname she loved to call him and she was the only one ever allowed to call him that. Sesshō was dressed in black dress pants, with a slate grey button up and a striped red and yellow tie. He had on little white socks, and black dress shoes and carried a little felt sword in one hand. She smiled when she saw it, because it reminded her of the feudal era and how graceful of a fighter he was.

He named the cat Kago, it wasn't a nickname he had spoken out loud since he preferred to call her mate but he found it very endearing. Kago was dressed in a light blue dress, with a wedding veil sitting on top of its head and semi-high heeled shoes that matched the dress. In one hand was a rose, the other hand holding a candy heart that had "Be Mine" written on it. 

It wasn't until they got to the registers that she realized everyone in the store were no longer bustling about, but rather watching them as they checked out. It was then that she also saw the veil on the cat, and she turned to look up at Sesshōmaru. Except, when she turned, he was getting down on one knee and pulling a box out of his pocket. Her chocolate brown eyes went wide with surprise as she gazed into his golden yellow ones.