The Final Battle

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

Art found on Villains Wiki, posted by HollowIchigo58

ALSO - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE ENDING OF THE SERIES/THE MOVIES OR READ THE MANGA THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT FOR THE CONTINUED BATTLE IN THIS CHAPTER (THOUGH IT ISN'T EXACTLY HOW IT PLAYS OUT, FOR THE MOST PART IT IS)

You have been warned, and you may continue reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the onni taiji, monk, kit, two-tailed demon fox, the hanyō, the wolfyōkai, and the flea yōkai kept travelling, a sudden beacon of light appeared in the sky. They all looked up to see that it was a pillar of pure lilac light and their eyes widened. Quickening their pace, they made a bee-line straight for the beacon of light, knowing they would find their miko friend at the center of it and fearing that her life was in grave danger. 

Please be okay, please be okay, I swear if my brother hurt you in anyway or let any harm come to you, I will never forgive that pompous bastard! Inuyasha thought to himself as his heart raced.

When the group grew closer to the beacon of light, they came to a clearing where an estate rested upon a hill. It was surrounded by an elegant white walls with several posts where guards would have been, had there not been chaos going on inside the walls. The sounds of fighting could be heard as demons fought Saimyōsho and other yōkai loyal to Naraku. This made the group struggled to go even faster, now that they were almost at their destination. 

By now the light had faded away, and the group's hearts grew heavy with worry. It felt like ages before they made it to the gates, and the group began slaying their way through all of Naraku's minions. The wind goddess didn't want to make it easy for them to get to Naraku, as they were killing demons she raised them from the dead with her fan. Angry, the hanyō pulled out a transformed tessaiga and let rip a wind scar, effectively killing the horde of minions and damaging the castle. 

With a spot open, the group made their way further into the castle grounds, searching frantically for their friend. They slaughtered demons in their wake as more kept coming at them, threatening to keep them from getting where they needed. They had to find her, she had to be okay, otherwise none of them would ever be okay. She was what brought them together, she was what made them care about each other and become friends. She meant everything to them, and they didn't know what they would do without her. All they could do was pray that they would find her alive and in one piece.

~~~~Sesshōmaru and Kagome~~~~

The bright lilac light began to fade away, and suddenly the miko's body was so overwhelmed that she grew dizzy. As she was swayed a little bit and was about to fall a strong, slender alabaster arm wrapped around her waist and held her close. Slightly startled, she looked up and her chocolate eyes gazed into golden ones. She had never seen any emotion on the killing perfection's face before, but she could have sworn on her life that he looked the slightest bit concerned about her.

The miko's face flushed a light red as she stuttered, "Sesshō...maru..?"

"This Sesshōmaru does not understand what just happened to you, explain." he looked down at her, a curious glint in his eyes.

Putting a finger to her lips with a thoughtful look on her face, she replied, "Well..I had found my true powers and then he locked them away because he was afraid of being purified by them. He is the evil of the demon who was made into the jewel itself. I'm assuming because he died, whatever he did to lock them away was undone."

"Hnn. Are you okay, miko?" he questioned.

Steadying herself with her hands on the daiyōkai, the miko nodded, "I'm fine, but we have to go after Naraku. We can't let him get away when he's wounded, this could be our chance to finally get rid of that scum."