Abrupt Goodbye

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been weeks since he had shown up at her doorstep, only to find that she was having dinner with his half-brother of all people! He would've been less upset if it had been the wolf boy! His half-brother, whom swore up and down he hated humans, regardless of their social status. He looked down upon them and had killed them before without hesitation. Why would things be any different now?

Who the hell does he think he is!? Trying to take Kagome from me! Feh! Everything is coming along quite nicely. At this rate, I will be able to have her in my arms before sun rise!

He cracked his knuckles, every muscle in his body aching to be able to hold her in his arms once more. To have her where she belonged, where she would have been if she hadn't disappeared when she wished away the jewel. Looking at the clock, he decided he would wait no longer and slung the grey duffel bag over his shoulder. Picking up his keys, he locked the door to his apartment and walked over to the black rental car parked just out front. 

As he got into the car, he tossed the duffel bag onto the passenger seat and turned the key in the ignition. The car purred quietly to life, he needed something that wasn't super noisy in case he needed a quick getaway. The car pulled away from the curb as he began to make his way towards the shrine, his fingers impatiently drumming against the steering wheel. After what seemed like hours but was only mere minutes, he parked the car next to the curb around the corner from the shrine.

He grabbed the duffel bag in one hand and locked the car, walking his way towards the familiar flight of stairs once more. His heart was practically pounding in his ears as his blood rushed through his veins with anticipation. He forced his steps to be slow, his feet padding against the floor silently as he climbed the cold, cement stairs. The wind blew gently, sending small strands of his silvery white tresses floating behind him.

When the house came into view of his golden eyes, he sniffed the air to make sure that the daiyōkai wasn't anywhere on the premises. After coming to the conclusion that the daiyōkai wasn't currently present,  he cleared the distance from the floor to the miko's bedroom window that happened to be cracked open. He slid it the rest of the way open quietly,  and got inside of her bedroom. Though she was asleep, her ear twitched imperceptibly to the hanyō who as pulling out a cloth and pouring clear liquid onto it. 

The strong, sweet aroma hit her nostrils and woke her up, but he was quick and covered her mouth and nostril with the soaked cloth. After a minute of struggling her body went limp in his hands, he tied rope around her ankles and wrists before picking her and slinging her over his shoulder. The hanyō picked up the duffel bag in his other hand and jumped out the window, practically flying down the flights of stairs back to the street. A few minutes later, the miko and the duffel bag are in the trunk of the rental car.

It purrs quietly to life after the key turns into the ignition, and the hanyō pulls away from the curb. Passing several streets, it takes only minutes before he reaches an old, abandoned house that he had been watching the last few weeks. Turning the car off once in the driveway, thehanyō opens the trunk and throws the unconscious miko over his shoulder and grabs the duffel with with his other hand. Heading around back, he pulls open the cellar door and heads down into the basement. 

When he was sure the place wasn't cared for or looked after, he had begun setting up the basement the way he would need it to be. There was a decently comfy queen sized bed, a small couch, a mahogany wooden table with two matching chairs, several lanterns were placed around the room, and he had even gone as far as getting a generator, surge protector, small fridge, and a heater to accommodate the miko. He had wanted everything just right for when she was finally his.