We Meet Again

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi / the television series are produced by Sunrise.

Art by Banjelerp on deviantart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moonlight was shining bright through the window in her upstairs bedroom, casting an briliant light upon her face while she slept. Unbeknownst to her, a visitor was making his way up the shrine's steps towards her side of the house. Her visitor called an extension of himself, his yōkai cloud appeared beneath his feet and he levitated himself up to her window. Peering inside, he was pleased with whom he saw sleeping in the bed. He could smell her familiar scent through the glass, and he lifted his hand to knock gently on the window.

The figure in the bed turned over, though continued to snore softly as she slept unfazed by the knock. Seeing this the visitor knocked slightly harder, being careful not to break the fragile glass with his daiyōkai strength. Startling awake, the figure rolled off the bed while rubbing her eyes. Floating in front of her window was the daiyōkai, dressed in black dress pants, a white button up shirt and a colorful tie that oddly reminded her of his feudal era outfit. His long silver tresses danced in the wind behind his figure as the moon light shone down, making him look more like an angel than the demon she knew him to be. The sight nearly knocked all of the breath out of her lungs, he looked as handsome as ever.

Her eyes went wide as she ran over and opened the window not believing that she was seeing the daiyōkai in front of her. She quickly realized that opening the window when she had slept in only a night gown wasn't the smartest thing when the cold breeze hit her. Though, that didn't stop her from having it open for the daiyōkai. Stepping back from the window sill, she crossed her arms over her chest as the peaks of her breasts began to harden with the cool air. She could barely contain her embarrassment as his eyes raked over her body.

"Sesshōmaru..is that you?? Get inside before someone sees you are you crazy?!" Kagome practically shrieked, barely keeping her voice low enough to not wake up her family.

A small smirk appeared on the daiyōkai's lips as he climbed elegantly into the room, "Miko, it has been quite a long time. You have not aged a bit since I last saw you almost 500 years ago. It took us awhile to find you, but we never gave up hope that one day we would see you again."

"Of course I haven't aged since you last saw me, to me I last saw you almost 2 years ago in this time. Wait, we? Who all is we?" her brows knit in confusion, she knew that if he lived this long that meant Miroku, Sango, Kohaku, Rin and Kaede were no longer alive and the thought broke her heart.

With a slight nod, he replied, "The wolf yōkai and his pack, as well as the fox yōkai you used to watch over, among others have all been under my care and have been working for me. We've spent countless years trying to find any trace of you."

"Shippo is with you?" she inquired, her eyes darting around to look for the little kit.

A soft chuckle that sounded more like a rumble came from his chest, "He is not presently with me, but he is back at the office building. The last of us demons went into hiding together, so we could learn to blend in and not be found out. I made a company for us, and underground of that building is our living quarters so we can be comfortable in our own spaces."

"It's odd hearing you talk without referring to yourself in third person. Also, what happened to your magenta stripes and the crescent moon?" She pursed her lips in a frown, she had been so used to seeing those stripes and the moon on his face.

With an eyebrow raised at her, he tilted his head slightly, "I had to learn to blend in, did I not? I put on what your kind calls concealer I believe, to hide my markings. Your people do not talk in what you call third person, I must admit it does feel rather odd but I did what I had to survive this long. If it bothers you so, I can revert to my old speech habits when I am with you miko."