12:00

midnight
[ nagisa ]

                 his golden eyes had snapped open, eyes marked on his, revealing unmasked fury: clear and visible fury. his pupils dilated every time he heaved out a large breath, blinking rapidly. his breaths were large and erratic, eyes falling down the floor.

"do you even have the slightest idea—"

"karma-kun, what—"

"how the fuck you scared me?" karma finishes, cutting nagisa off. his eyes had stared back at him, fingers digging deep into his trapped body, emotions tangling up inside.

the air around them was too quiet, too cold, too eerie, for nagisa's liking. he had been too alert after his fight with takaoka that his blue eyes had widened when he only registered the faint smell of sweat and intangible odor from gas and a flash of red liquorous hair. the next thing nagisa knew, he was pinned to the wall on a secluded place, the shadow over the large building like looming against both of them, covering their excessively attention-catching hair.

"i was scared too," nagisa admits quiet, almost a meek; almost hard to catch. "he was a fighter and i was just a kid—"

"and yet you go out and fight him," karma cuts off, fingers burying deeper into nagisa's skin. "what kind of idiot are you?"

nagisa blinked. "there are different kinds of idiots?"

"the idiot who knows no bounds, that's terasaka. an idiot who feels superior but is actually inferior to me, that's asano and," karma's eyes snapped to him, his eyes betraying the emotion-covered face of his. "an idiot who goes all out in order to save others, endangering their lives in the process, that's you."

"what could i have done?" nagisa asks quietly, the shock slowly registering his mind. his trembling hands had betrayed his calm mind. "i..."

nagisa's lower lip had trembled, thousands of shocking bolts running over his body. he could feel his knees giving up and he would've slammed down if it weren't for the hand that had curled tightly in his waist, almost afraid to let go. he could feel his body getting limp, his energy almost disappearing one by one. only one thing registered from his mind.

he almost died.
his reckless behavior.
his bloodlust.
his control snapped.
he almost fucking died.

nagisa's blue eyes widened, eyes looking up at karma's, almost afraid. he bit his lip, a shaky hand rubbing his face. he almost died. how could he remain calm? karma's hands jolted him back to reality, hands pulling him over—gravity helping karma.

"karma-kun, what—"

"shut up," he hisses, his breath hitting nagisa's neck. "just shut up for a minute."

nagisa felt a smile on his lips, trembling hands ceasing. his mind had became clear as he clutched on karma's shirt for support.

he was alive, thank the gods.

"karma-kun," he calls out. "i'm counting down."

he felt a surge of laughter vibrate through karma's throat. "make that two minutes in slow motion."

"are you some kind of modern cinderella?" nagisa asks quietly, eyes closing. "only showing your caring side at the strike of twelve?"

nagisa smiled against karma's hair, ears registering the faint sound of the bells clanging. he had clutched the red-head's shirt tighter, mind drifting off.

nagisa was afraid. his relationship with karma was like snow: beautiful, innocent, pure but fucking fragile. one wrong step and everything could melt under his feet.

and unfortunately for both of them, there was no better pair for the world to step upon.

-
this is probably crap bc i'm crappy and i promised my fluffy-outside-angsty-inside cousin. crappy crap OvO