03:00

the hour for karma's cowardice
[ karma ]

                  karma heaved out a large breath, leaning on the railing as he took of the city lights seen on the rooftop. thousands of lights, varying in color lit up the city, cars honking in desperation and people bumping into each other.

he needed a break, after all. it was rin's turn next and he was damn if he stayed any longer, after hearing that sinful word out of the boy's lips.

communication.

was it his fault? karma hates everything that's complicated, i mean, who in earth would prefer something complicated over something simple?

it's like having to choose between addition and the quadratic form.

or choosing between cooking an omelette and cooking ratatouille for breakfast.

itona sees it differently. it's not really a break-up if they weren't together in the first place. no one, him or nagisa, they didn't even know what they were. acquaintances? classmates? friends? those labels were long thrown out of the window for karma, especially when—

nagisa became his first unrequited love, him, nagisa shiota. that guy certainly deserves a medal for burying karma in too deep.

"i thought you might be here."

karma didn't bother to turn, not when he perfectly memorized the sweet tone he indicated, his voice getting high-pitched (higher than normal) when he hit the you, voice dropping on the be. nope, karma doesn't even need to turn to know that nagisa was right behind him, staring holes unto his back.

no one spoke a word. only quiet breathings, the sound of the wind rustling through both of them, shuffling in the corner. fuck. this silence was painful, for they never had one like this before in the past.

"i can sense your presence now, you know." karma says, breaking the silence. "not that accurate, just lapses but it's a start."

"for someone intelligent, that was a stupid decision, karma."

karma breathes out, a laugh vibrating in his throat. "i know." he shrugs. "everybody's bound to make ridiculously stupid decision, nagisa. but, well, terasaka does them everyday."

nagisa didn't reply and karma longed for the relationship they had back then, back when karma akabane was not a coward, how low had he stooped. silence envelops both of them, hugging the atmosphere around them, no one speaks a word, just heavy uneven breathing.

then, "what happened to us, karma?"