07:00

the hour for karma's façade
[ karma ]

                  karma brushes his long ebony fingers on his hair, eyes squinting at every plane landing on the ground. he curses every time he sees a familiar built, like nagisa's, but with a different hair color.

he must be losing it.

was he ready for this? hell, was he ready forcing on his cocky façade more so than usual? what was he even doing here anyway? karma couldn't comprehend his thoughts, nor could he gather them together.

one side of him shouted to run away, get out of here while he still can. the past doesn't need to be rekindled, so why was he staying?

on the other hand, one side of him shouted that he needed to wait. needed to explain his actions or just gracing his presence when the boy had arrived. he wanted to stay.

"karma, thinking seriously doesn't look good on you."

"and meddling doesn't look good in you, either."

"karma, what's wrong?"

"something that's not right."

kayano groans, glaring at karma. he and kayano had never been close nor does he want it to be, not when he witnessed him and kayano liplocking like tomorrow was the end of the world. even if he teases nagisa and kayano—in truth, he was seething inside, more so than usual.

"what happened between you and nagisa?"

karma was more prepared this time. he only managed to let out a small gruff, scratching his head. first it was itona, then kayano. was karma transparent these days?

"as intelligent as i am, i do not know what you are talking about."

kayano opened her mouth, annoyance graced his features. karma knew what she was going to say before she even said it, but a boyish scream had interrupted both of them.

"nagisa!"

shit.

the rest of the class walked towards nagisa, shuffling his hair, which he had cut two years ago. in the distance, he could see the vibrant smile that he gave, laughing over and over again.

"one day, i'll get it out of your mouth."

"i'd like to see you try," karma replies before he walked with kayano towards nagisa.

"yes, yes, i brought you all souvenirs."

karma forced a cocky smirk. "i hope you didn't forget me."

nagisa's eyes found his, almost like instinct. his blue eyes had steeled themselves, watching karma's eyes intently, lips curving up in a smile. his predatory gaze, concealed with that innocent smile had always caught karma off guard and today was one of those days.

"of course not," nagisa replies. "hi, karma."

"welcome back, nagisa." karma replies.

"we're going karaoke to celebrate!"

nagisa was about to reply when karma's phone had rang, vibrating through the fabric of his jeans. karma sighs, answering it without a second thought.

"akabane."

"i need you here in seven o'clock." came the gruff, collected and cold voice of asano gakushu.

"aww, missing me already, gakushu-san?" he teases, lips forming a smirk instinctively.

"i could hear your smirk from over here, akabane." he replies—more like a snap than a statement. "and stop calling me that. i didn't give you any permission."

"c'mon, asano, it's my break."

"i heard he came back."

karma cursed. news reaches that guy's ears fast. "you are a meddler, you know that?"

"that's rich coming from you." asano replies. "i need your manipulative skills."

karma chuckles. "even if you did compliment on my manipulative skills, you can't just call me to the office in karaoke hour."

"i can and i just did. better not be late, akabane."

karma sighs, hunging up his phone. "what are we waiting for?" he asks, glancing at the time on his phone. "i have five hours, let's go."

he had turned his back, not meeting the eyes of the boy who was looking at him the whole time.

-
long, unedited chap 🙌 on a whim since i'm on the way to school