01:30

the hour for karma's sulking
[ nagisa ]

he places his hands on his pockets, steps getting heavier by the second. it took all of him not to look back, not pivot his heel and ran towards where the younger boys was.

karma had always been karma. he guards his heart with walls, walls that are harder to break and longer than the wall of china. it keeps piling up, wall after wall, the other side almost unseen.

so it baffles him, really, how nagisa managed to creep into those walls because he certainly didn't break it, it was still there; intact, firm and strong. it baffles him how much he had cared for the young boy. it baffled him how that young boy managed to live inside those walls, never wanting to leave.

a car door opened in front of him, freezing him from his thoughts. he slides in, not muttering a word, looking outside the window as it drove off.

"so, you didn't see him today?"

"no, he sent me a text but i didn't," talk to him, i saw him, he didn't see me. "i broke our ties, hope your happy."

"karma, you know this is for your own good."

well, no shit.

"are you really that afraid for the boy's life, karma?" his father gave out a gruff chuckle, grabbing the boy's cheeks roughly. "how soft have you gone."

karma doesn't try to struggle, but looks at the golden pair of eyes-similar to his. "funny how you say that and it actually contradicts, father."

"oh?"

"i leave anything i see as a burden," karma says, voice lacing in seriousness. "i didn't cut off our ties because you told me so."

yes, a burden, these feelings full of care and gentleness was a burden, for karma knew these feelings would only hinder nagisa.

"it isn't because i told you i'd kill the boy?"

karma grits his teeth, slapping away his father's hands. "don't kid me. everything in this life, including you, are all burden to me."

his father lets out a chuckle. "that's my boy."

karma wanted to escape, but how can he? he wanted to struggle against the grip of his father on his throat. he wanted to voice out what he really felt, but those words hung on his throat, the grip never letting it past.

-
told you guys this was cliché (ノ≧ڡ≦) Teehee~! yeeeeeey! One more chapter left ❤