10:00

the hour for karma's friendliness

[ nagisa ]

                 "is your boyfriend even coming? it's our farewell party, after all!"

"he is not my boyfriend," nagisa says, a blush creeping on his pale cheeks. "i'm not even a girl!"

kurahashi pokes him in the cheeks, playfully. "just admit it, nagisa."

"there's nothing to admit."

"yes, because you hug your classmates, clutching to them as if it was the end of the world."

nagisa huffed an irritated sigh. he knew when they had all gang up on him that there was no use escaping. it would take a monster to escape from the prying and curious looks of his classmates and that's why, he, nagisa shiota has been forced to stand; cheeks heating up, words coming out of his mouth by a stutter, hands clumsily fidgeting his jacket, embarrassed.

"karma and i are just friends."

"hey, itona." terasaka called out, a grin on his face. "would you hug me tightly if i was going to die?"

"no," itona replies, the usual monotone voice. "i would probably kill you if you try to hug me."

nagisa buried his face on his hands. "ēto, it's just that..." i was scared and karma was holding me and... "it's all just a misunderstanding."

"that's what they all say," kayano says, eyes curious. "feed us some gossip, nagisa."

"i-karma is-"

"oh, discussing about my greatness?"

the crew snickered, others held up a smirk as karma's hand went slinging to nagisa's arm in instinct, a cocky smirk-matching the boy's cocking attitude-plastered on his face.

"karma, you're late!" rin gushes out. "it's already ten o'clock."

karma shrugs. "the star always arrives late."

nagisa snorts quietly, pulling his scarf to snuggle and warm his neck even more. he rubbed his hands together, head igniting from both his hands. karma, who was looking at the boy, arched a confused brow.

"you forgot your gloves? never pegged you to be that kind of guy."

nagisa shook his head. "it's just mom."

karma's face flickered in understanding. he had met nagisa's mother for two or three times and she had flipped out every time karma was there. karma nodded his head as the others turned to glance a curious look at the two.

"here," he hands nagisa an extra pair of gloves. "use it."

"you have an extra pair of glove?" nagisa asks, putting on the gloves without complaints.

"no, no," karma says, waving his hand nonchalantly. "i just happen to get that on the road, on a beaten up boy's hands."

nagisa sighed. so, he's been fighting again, that explains the slight bruise on his lower jaw. speaking of which, nagisa tilts his head to the side, wondering.

"why don't you have a scarf?"

"i don't like it," karma says, shrugging. "i feel like it chokes me."

nagisa rolled his eyes, fumbling over his bag. he knew, of course, that karma was never one for scarfs, he had never seen the boy wear one, like he had been allergic to it.

"ēto, where... ah, here we go." nagisa pulls out a soft fabric, waving it in front of him. he tiptoe's, wrapping the scarf on the former's neck. "you're going to get a cold without a scarf."

karma nodded, adjusting the scarf to cover his neck but not tight enough to choke him. he flashed nagisa a smile. "thanks, nagisa."

"are you sure those two isn't a couple?" came itona's monotone voice as he sucked on a lollipop, eyes directly at nagisa and karma.

nagisa could feel his cheeks heat up. this is going to be a long day.