02:15

the hour for karma's weirdness
[ nagisa ]

nagisa lets out a relieved sigh as h heard the bell rang. his finals were done but he feels like it drained most of him, which was pretty much true. the questions weren't all that hard but the quantity was too much for even nagisa to handle.

he gets his phone from his pockets as he felt the vibration from the fabric of his uniform.

class 3-e

sumire hara: i feel like half of the test i took today burned my lifespan away.
meg kataoka: finally done, yaaay~
justice kimura: i can't wait to go home.
kirara hazama: they didn't even put up sadako in literature.
rinka hayami: sadako's not supposed to be in literature, hazama.
ryonosuke chiba: rinka, you free for the weekdays? let's go sniping.

nagisa laughs a little, tapping his keyboard for a reply. he leans back on his chair as he congratulates everybody for a job well done. he sighs as he skims over his contacts, hands stopping at a name.

you're finals are done, right? how did you do?

breezed right through. you are talking about me, after all, nagisa~

last time you said that, you got eighty-five in math.

you promised not to bring that up, nagisa.

did i? seems like i forgot. let's visit isogai this weekend, i need a break.

nagisa places his phone on the table, head leaning on the chair. fujiwara, his new friend (nagisa seemed easily to blend in the crowd and get along well), poked him on the sides.

"man, you look relaxed for someone who took five tests in one day."

nagisa hums. he weakly smiles as he picks up his phone. "trust me, when you have a former sensei who's keen on your grades moving up, you'd actually be relaxed for taking only five tests."

missing me already, nagisa? i can't, gomen. next time?

nagisa replies an, okay and sorry for the trouble, as he sets down his phone. he bits his lips, sighing. was he just imagining it?

karma's reply seemed so out of place, not like karma, but also like him. nagisa wonders if he was just imagining it but, karma's text.

it seemed a little cold.

"oi, nagisa! you've been called to the principal's office."

nagisa's eyes widened as he stood up. did he do something wrong? was his grades not good enough? oh no, please don't tell him it was not enough.

nagisa knocks twice before he hears a gruff, "enter."

nagisa steps in, hands fidgeting behind his back. "i-"

"nagisa shiota, i presume."

"y-yes," nagisa replies, stuttering. "did i do something wrong?"

"no, quite the opposite. you've been given a scholarship to one of the prestigious schools abroad. they commend your grades, so pack up and good luck."

nagisa couldn't believe his ears. he bowed, muttering a soft thank you. as he went out, a small smile appeared on his lips, staring at the open sky.

koro-sensei, thank you.

-
i was rereading this chapter for errors and i just can't believe i spelled koro-sensei wrong; i spelled it as kuro-sensei. asdfghjkl.