08:00

the hour for karma's intelligence
[ nagisa ]

                   nagisa should've checked the weather. he should've but he was never fan of those and now, look where it got him. drops of the rain pouring down feverishly echoed through the silent room, almost occupying the silence they held. nagisa clucked the base of his tongue. he was never going to get home.

plus, it was past eight o'clock.

"aren't you supposed to be studying as a teacher?"

nagisa snorts. "i teach english, karma. not math."

"but a teacher is a teacher."

nagisa snorts, eyes darting towards the opened textbook. he bit his lower lip, clicking on the base of his pen. math—it was always his problematic subject and nagisa doesn't even want to think why he needed to look for x. he looks over at karma; who was smirking, hands on the back of his head rocking his chair back and forth.

"yes, nagisa?" he teases, a grin on his lips.

nagisa bits his lips, sighing. "karma, i need help with this."

karma lets out a satisfied grin. he pushed the chair, creating a screeching sound. he propped one of his hand on nagisa's right side, peering over the boy's blue hair.

"mm, that's pretty hard. first, simplify this equation by taking out the x," he instructs. "then multiply that over here after getting the answer of this equation."

nagisa nodded, writing down karma's advice quickly. karma, was as usual, right. with karma's way of explaining, it only took him less than a minute to solve the hard equation. he lets out a sigh of relief, eyes darting towards karma.

he was ridiculously close. nagisa had tilted his head sideways, to be met by the closeness of karma's face. he could hear karma's faint breathing, his minty breath crashing to his nose. nagisa almost jumped back in surprise, falling on his chair as he did so.

"oi, nagisa! you alright?" karma asks, but a teasing grin was on his lips.

"uh, yeah." nagisa replies, cheeks flaming in crimson red. "thanks for the help."

karma nodded but the mischief in his eyes were yet to be distinguished. "that was not for free."

"eh?"

"mm," karma nodded. "maybe one of those maid outfits will do."

"no way!" nagisa immediately says, standing up. "anything but not that."

"a nurse outfit then?"

"no."

"a female teacher?"

nagisa's brows raised. karma lets out a half-whimper, half-snort as he backs away, finding himself slumping back to his own chair.

"how about i order us mcdonalds?"

"that sure is a cheap payment, nagisa." karma teases. "fine, get me a sundae."

"are you a masochist, karma?"

karma snorts. "i could be interested in handcuffs, you never know."

"go to the police station if you want handcuffs," nagisa comments, grabbing his phone. "it's cold outside, nobody would want a sundae, plus, you have tonsillitis."

"are you my mom, nagisa-kun?" he teases, licking his bottom lip. nagisa rolls his eyes but ignores his comment, ordering two medium sized fries and burgers.

karma leans back. "and sundae!"

"karma—"

"sundae. sundae. sundae. sundae. and you know i won't give up until you order some."

nagisa sighs. "and one sundae, please." he says. the other person on the line repeats his order before he hung up, giving karma a pointed look.

"you are a masochist."