09:00

the hour for the masochist

[ karma ]

                  a forceful disapproving grunt came out of karma's good lips. it was cold, too cold for his liking even if the sun was up and shining, mocking him completely.

karma felt a familiar soft and delicate cloth pass through his arms. he stopped, eyes almost searching for the fabric. karma's eyes widened when he saw the familiar color, color that reminded him of the past ― a pale color of light blue.

"shit," he muttered silently, grabbing the parka next to it. "shit."

he was fucked up—in more ways than one.

grabbing his phone, he pushed his hands on his pockets before storming out in the cold streets of japan.

of course, everything does not go well the way karma planned. all he wanted was peace and quiet—some fucking peace and quiet. what does he need to do to get that?

"oi, karma!"

he had cursed, dropping off his cocky grin back on his face. how the hell did he arrive here? did he want to be here? he didn't know—his mind, for the first time ever, had shut down. all emotions had conflicted inside of him—and everyone asks why he hates showing emotions so much.

"we thought you weren't coming."

"and miss such a tearful reunion?" he snickers. "i'd probably get a thousand likes online if i post your ridiculous faces."

"asshole as ever, karma."

"oh?" rio cocks her head to the side, pointing at the scarf that he had unconsciously grabbed. "you're not wearing a scarf? that actually defeats it's purpose, karma."

"and isn't that the scarf nagisa gave you seven years ago? you still have it?"

"ah," karma says, putting a smug smile on his face. "it's actually the newest fashion, nakamura. well, i wouldn't be surprised since you always wear those tight slacks."

rio punches him in the shoulder, playfully glaring at the red-head. karma grinned back, placing both of his arms on the back of his head. he leans back on the nearest railing, watching his former classmates interact with each other.

"are you a masochist, karma?"

karma tilts his head, eyes immediately recognizing the blank face and the monotone voice. he cocks an eyebrow at itona, watching as the younger boy leans beside him.

"oi, itona. what have you been doing?" karma asks, mischievousness in his voice. "no growth spurt at all!"

"you are just a few inches taller than me," itona points out dryly. "and you are a masochist."

"i don't really like whips and bondages but you never know," karma shrugs.

itona doesn't bother to reply to his statement, instead, he stares at the taller boy, eyes almost squinting. karma arches a brow, a cocky grin on his lips.

"try—"

"i don't want to take a picture." itona cuts him off. "what are you doing here, karma?"

"swimming? look, there are planes and a control tower, maybe i'd find an indoor swimming pool."

itona disregards his sarcasm. "you and nagisa broke up."

karma's lips parted in surprise, head whipping towards the young boy, itona could've sworn he heard a crack along the way. his eyes widened in surprise and if itona was not so nonchalant at the moment, he could've captured this moment. karma's golden eyes were wide—wide enough to fit a whole softball and his jaw was dropping to the floor—and itona knew this was only one of the times karma lost his composure.

"are you stalking me now?" karma lets out a shaky laugh.

"you should probably do a break-up in private, not in the beach in nine o'clock in the evening." he says once more, clucking the base of his tongue. "but what do i know?"

the greatest secret of all time. karma wanted to say. he bit his tongue, covering his surprise by a nonchalant façade. he shrugs, eyes looking at the cloudless sky, sun shining as hard as usual.

"are you going to blackmail me now?"

itona made a sound—between a disgusted snort and a muffled laughter—before he placed both of his hands on his pockets, feet pivoting towards his classmates. he casted one glance at karma.

"i would be digging my own grave, blackmailing a beaurocrat, most especially you."

"aww, it would've been fun, itona!"

"you are a masochist."

well no shit, sherlock.