Chapter 7: Poisonous

CHAPTER 7: Poisonous

"I was...um... stuck?" Sean said not-so-confident.

"Right, stuck where?" I reply into the telephone.

"...TRAFIC! Yeah, I was stuck in trafic."

"Fine, fine Sean" I hung up.

He probably just forgot and didn't want to admit it.

I sat in my bed, trying to figure out an excuse for my parents about my "F". 

Everyone else got a horrible score! Mr. Moulgnard is just a really bad teacher... I used that one too much. 

EXPLOSION IN THE SCIENCE LAB! Got me out of focus, and I just couldn't concentrate after we came back inside from the fire drill.Nahhh, I'm pretty sure she would know already if there was an explosion in the silence lab.

Now I was the one that was stuck...

"Dinner is readyyy!" Mom called from the stairs. Crap.

Dani, my annoying little brother, pushed me back as I was getting to the stairs. I ran down, chasing after him around the kitchen. I was already in a bad mood. I mean, Sean ditched me, I got another "F" for my collection, and it was Monday. "Oh I love Mondays" -said no one. ever. 

He sprinted past me, getting behind one of the kitchen chairs, holding the back of it like a shield. I don't understand why he keeps annoying me if he knows I can beat him up with a snap of my fingers. 

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!" I screamed at him.

"WHY? ARE YOU TIRED OF CHASING ME, FATT-" 

"WHAT IS THIS MESS?" Mom came back from the dinning room with dishes in her hands. 

We both froze. Pointing to each other.

"I don't even want to know. Just sit down, your dinner is gonna get cold." She said, looking as disappointed as someone could ever look. 

I sat down and stared at my plate. Brocolli, mashed potatoes, and meat. 

Quietly ate my mashed potatoes, sliced up my meat, and left my brocolli alone (planning to throw it away when I was doing the dishes later).

"So..."My mom says.

Oh god! Please don't ask, please don't as-

"How was that math quiz you took a while ago?" 

She asked.

"Ummm... about that..." I said, looking down... "another fabulous F for my fabulous collection..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" She looked up from her brocolli.

"I got an F..." I said louder, but not loud enough for her to hear.

"Valerie Beatrice Petters, don't tell me..." 

"Yep..." I spilled out.

"ANOTHER ONE?!" She screams, "HOW DO YOU EVER EXPECT TO GET INTO COLLEGE? I WILL NOT ALLOW MY DAUGHTER TO GO TO A RANDOM COMMUNITY COLLEGE!"

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to do better, I really am. It was the first test of the year anyways..."

"That's absolutely no excuse"

"I even got a tutor mom! He's gonna help me with math, and I'm gonna help him with English" I plead.

"Really? Oh, well thats a nice inniative coming from your part! Who's he?" She says, a bit calmer now, and please with my "innitiative".

"Um... Sean? Sean Phillips?"

"One of those twins? Well, their mom Patricia is very nice!" She seems happy(ish) now...

-------

Have u seen the new kid? -Mil

Yeah, bumped into him when I was leaving the library after Sean DITCHED me... -Val

:( It's alright he probably just forgot... But something seems really fishy about his sudden interest in u sry to burst ur bubble or anything but yeah... -Mil

NEW GUY IS SUPER HOT!!!1!!1 -Mil

Fishy huh? Yea now that I think about it... -Val

Well hes all yours buddy! -Val

Gtg sleep so.tired. hw took me forever! <3 -Mil

BYEEH -Val

I logged out of skype. Thinking about what Mil said. No, not the new kid. But I agree, he was very attractive looking. I was thinking about Sean. Now that I come to think of it, it did seem a bit weird that he suddenly started to want to hang out with me like that... I mean, he literally ignored me all year last year, and then suddenly at Lisa's party he just gets all friendly?

He is so weird sometimes...

Would make me weird if I said I kind of like his weirdness? :P

I clicked open the Wattpad app on my phone, searching for a story to read. I was already half way through Mil's story (A/N: My friend Milla, who I'm basing 'Mil' on, actually does have a story on here... it's called Broken and her user is Milla4eva, go check it out! A couple of my other friends also have stories on here, I'll put them on my reading list) but I decided to start something new. I found a story called "He Wasn't A Jerk Online" by Onedirectiion_ It was a Lewis Fanfic!

I read for about 2 hours until my eyes started to close.

Slowly I fell into a heavy sleep...

We were sitting under the apple tree in my backyard. We seemed really far away from the house, trapped in our own little world. I sat in his arms, tilting my head up to stare into the deepness of his eyes. 

"I never thought this would actually happen..." I whispered, tracking the flight of a butterfly passing by.

"We'll baby, I'm pretty sure it's not a dream" He whispered back, getting closer and closer to my lips as he spoke.

He bumped his knee up, bringing my head higher, making my lips get in contact with his. I smiled in the kiss, making it even better.

An apple from the tree fell perfectly on my hands. I examined the apple, as if that would make it safer to take a bite out of. Looking at it didn't make a single difference, but I took a bite anyway.

As I felt the taste flutter through my body, I realized something was wrong. I looked up to him and that perfect smile on his face was gone. It was replaced by an evil grin, and I could see the flames in his once-innocent eyes.

The taste was killing me from the inside out, and everything around me got creepier. The sky wasn't the perfect shade of blue, it was now black and ugly. The grass was gone and replaced with dirt. And the pretty apple tree was slowly dying.

Like me.

THANKS FOR READINGGG!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! SORRY FOR THE WEIRD FONT, I COPIED AND PASTED FROM A WORD DOCUMENT AND NOW ITS LIKE THIS :( 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT :)