Chapter 11: Unexpected

CHAPTER 11: Unexpected   The music cut short, as the car came to a forceful stop.  

I pressed the pedal with my foot again, but the car wouldn't move. Maybe there was something on the road? Or something got caught on one of my wheels?  

That couldn't be it, the music wouldn't just stop like that because I ran into something.  

I glanced at the fuel meter. Urgh. The arrow was pointing to the 'E', confirming my suspicions. I was out of gas, in the middle of a storm, with no signal on my phone. Fabulous.  

I glanced out the window, realizing that I was halfway to Starbucks. Too far to walk back home, and too far to walk to meet Sean. And even if I did walk, I would get soaked and Sean would think I'm crazy. Yay. No.

  It wasn't exactly safe to be stuck where I was. I was surround by trees, that could fall at any moment because of the storm. I bet that if I had any signal, I would have gotten a hurricane warning. What did I get myself into?!  

Why did I decide to take the long way to Starbucks?! If I had left a couple minutes later, I wouldn't have wanted to take the long way to be late in a cute way. Gosh, what is my problem. If I had taken the normal way, I would probably be right by Mil's House and could just walk there at least I would be safe. And there would also be no trees threatening to fall and kill me right now. I'm stuck here until I come up with an idea to get me hom-  

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden bang on my window.  

I looked to the side, where I glanced at a tall manly figure, completely blackened out by the lighting that striked something in the distance.  

To complete my amazing adventure, I would also get raped. 

  He kept banging on the window, I didn't move.  

If I open this window, he could totally just kill me in a snap. I'm not letting that happen.  

But in other thoughts, what if he just noticed I'm stuck here and has some gas for me? Is that a reasonable thought? What if he just wants to help?  

I slowly roll down the window, getting myself and the car completely soaked with the cold rain drops of the storm.

  He leans in closer, squinting his eyes. As I realize, I know this person.  

"I'm trying to, uhmmm, get-" Will starts saying as he also realizes he knows the person he's talking to, "Val?"

  "Oh my god! Thank god it's you I thought I would get raped by some random stranger and then have a tree fall on us and we would have a slow sad and painful death and oh my god hi Will." I blabered on and on, showing my happiness to see him.  

"Well, anyways, this is kind of my drive way, and I'm trying to get into my house, could you please move your car?" Will says, impatiently.  

"I would love to, not considering the fact I'm out of gas and I have no possible way to ask anyone for help because I have no damn signal" I say, reaching for my phone.  

"Oh" Will has a weird face on, maybe his thinking face? Everyone has one of those, right? Mil always teases me about mine, anytime I'm focused on anything I put my tongue to the right side of my mouth, creating a bumb on my cheek.

  "I have some gas in the garage, we could pour some into your motor" Will says reaching in through the window and opening the door, holding it out so I can walk out.

  I unlatch my seat bealt and grab my phone.

  "That would be amazing. Thank you so much!" I say, as I walk out of the car.