Chapter 13: Make a wish

I looked down at my Vanilla Bean. Completely empty. I had been sitting her for the past half hour, of course, I was super early for the date. It was way too late for Nancy to be here, so I couldn't Gosit and talk to her while I waited. I gazed out the window, sitting up in my seat. No sign of Sean. *sigh*

I slowly made my way across the packed Starbucks to the trash can. I throw my Vanilla Bean out, not wanting Sean to know that I've been waiting for him long enough to finish a whole Vanilla Bean.

Slouching back in my seat, I pulled out my phone. 5:26pm, it read. He should be here soon. I tapped open the Instagram app looking through Siera's photos. She's my fangirl buddy as well, therefore a lot of her puctures are One Intersection related as well. I was scrowling through, looking at the amazing pictures from their concert last night. Boy, I wish I could have been there. I've never actually been to one of the concerts, Sierra, Mil, and I plan on going someday. Oh, someday.

As if on queue, snaping me out of the dramatic fangirl moment (yes, I was about to cry. No, it's not weird), a white rectangle pops up on the screen, covering one of Lewis' pictures.

From: Sierra

Valllllll! Wat u up to?

From: Val

@ Starbucks. Waiting for Sean <333

From: Sierra

Oooooh, i c, i ownt bother ur date any longer ;)

A couple minutes later, she sends me another message.

From: Sierra

Wait, wat Starbucks? Avenue Starbucks?

From: Val

Yup....

From: Sierra

OMG I'm doing some shopping here! Wanna meet up after?

From: Val

Sounds great :) I'll txt u after date is ovr

As I press 'send' I notice some bushy brown hair making his way through the crowd. After a couple seconds of recognizing and processing the image through my brain, we finally make eye contact. I wave him over.

As I see his tall figure heading towards the table, my heart skipes a beat. Never, in a million years, did I think this moment would actually happen. I always dreamt of how great it would be, but deep inside I knew it was dream, and only a dream. And now here I am, sitting at Starbucks, probably with a stupid smile plastared on my face, making that dream come true, as Sean Phillips approaches me. Me. Not some random slut from our school, but me, Valerie Petters.

"Val?" His voice pulls me out of my thoughts, "Val, did you hear me?"

"Oh, uhm... yeah, sorry, I was, uhm, sorry, no, what did you say?" I giggle a little, stumbling on my words.

A smile grows on his face. I was always embarassed of this habit of mine, blanking out like that, but maybe it's cute? "Are you ready?" He repeats, pointing towards the door.

"Sure, where are we going?'

"Can't say" He pulls a smirk and winks. I giggle again. Urgh. Giggling. Is that all I can do? He's gonna think I'm stupid and laugh at every single stupid thing. He pulls me up by the hand, not seeming to be bothered by the giggling. We hop inot his car, as he drives away from Starbucks.

After about 30 minutes, that we spent making fun of Miley Cyrus and her new 'amazing' reputation, he finally pulls over at the side of a long highway at a deserted area of town.

I push the door open, feeling the sand penetrate the space between my flip flops and my feet. I haven't been to the beach in months.

"Beautiful" Sean makes his way to my side of the car, resting his back on it.

"The view from up here?" I look around, seeing the horizon line, where the sun is just starting to set, "Yeah, it's gorgeous. I haven't seen anything like this in a while."

"No" I look at him surprised. "I meant you." He says with a smirk, looking deep into my eyes.

I don't reply. I try to. But I cant. The words are caught in my mouth and I can't blurt them out. His words make me all fuzzy inside. Another thing I haven't felt happen in a while. Instead of speaking, I just giggle, once again.

I feel him scooch over closer to me. Leaning in closer and closer by the second. Our eyes lock, and I can tell what he's doing. Our noses are milimeters away from touching. Soon, they touch and his lips make his way to almost reaching mine. Before they can touch, though, I turn my head away. Sean's lips end up touching my cheek instead, and I can feel a smile grow on his lips as they are pressed against me. I smile too, on the other side, laughing this time. 

My eyes get a glimpse of his ear, which is close to my lips, due to the fact that his lips are in contact with my cheek. I get closer and whisper in his ear, "I'm not that easy" Smiling once again.

His arms embrace my back, arching me towards him, making the fuzziness inside me increase to an unbaring level. He pulls me down next to him, and we sit and stare at the sunset.

I'm not sure about him, but as the sun desapears into the horizon, I make a wish.

I quietly whisper to myself "Can this moment last forever?"

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE