Chapter 8: Not a runner

CHAPTER 8: Not a runner

My eyes burst open, like they were desperate for light. My hands were searching for something to grab on to, as they stumbled upon a thin rectangular figure. I tried to focus on the object as much as I could, given that my bedroom was darker than the trappaning sky in my dream. A dream. It was only a dream. I exhaled loudly, realizing I was in the sage walls of my bedroom. I clenched my phone in my fists, just as the digital clock changed from 6:14 to 6:15am, setting off my alarm.

I didn't turn it off, letting "Little Things" by One Intersection play intil the song was over. I pulled on my bright blue skinny jeans, and one of my favorite white oversized sweaters. I topped the look off with a thin coat of liquid eyeliner on my top lids, carefully traced my waterline with a black pencil, applied some nude eye shadow, and finished with my favorite mascara.

I stepped into my black Steve Maddens and grabbed my backpack.

Even though Dani annoyed me sometimes (ALL the time) tip toed down the stairs, not wanting to wake him.

The clock that hung on the wall read 7:03am. I wasn't even close to being late, since my first class was at 8:05am. I grabbed an apple and headed to my car anyways.

-----------

*Bumb*

And it bounced back. 

I slammed it shut again.

*Bumb*

And it bounced back.

I was to the point were I could literally just rip the car door out and just leave it there laying on the cement of the parking lot.

"This stupid piece of sh-"

"Having some trouble there?" I recognized the voice, but it was farely new to me.

I turned my head back to see the new kid and his gorgeous brown curls staring at me like I was some freak that talked to car doors (which I might actually be).

"The door. just. wont. close!" I said, frustrated, like it was one of those math problems that you just can't figure out. If you have 5 apples, and your friend asks you for 13, how many pancakes can you fit on the roof? Answer: No, because aliens don't wear hats.

He took a step toward the door and gave it a light push with his hand. I was waiting to hear the *bump* and see it bounce back, but it never did.

He was able to shut the door with a simple tought of his fingers, while I, trying to slam it shut, never did.

"Thanks..." I mumbled, "Um... Why are you hear so early?" I said, realizing the time, "First period isn't for a while..."

"Well I just wanted to look around, I have no idea where any of my classes are" He handed me his schedule.

English-E20

History-A35

-Break-

Math-C02

Math-C02

Spanish-F55

-Lunch-

Advisory-E20

Photography-SciLabB 

"Well, um, I could show you where a few of your classes are, if you want?" I offered.

"That would be great, I wouldn't want to get lost on my first day" He gives me a nod with a smile plastered on his face.

Picking up my backpack from the parking lot ground, we both walked into the school. 

As he was heading towards his locker, I got out my phone.

To: Mil

Get ur lazy butt ovr here now! -Val

To: Mil

I'm showing the 'hot' new kid around skool! Maybe u'd like to take over? *hint hint* -Val 

Mil came running in through the main school entrance ten minutes later.

"I have to go get a head start on... um... my history... paper!" I lied. First conversation with the new kid and I was already lying. Great. 

"Mil how about you finish showing him his classes?" Mil gives me a vigorous nod and looked over at him with a smile from ear to ear.

"Sure, bye... uhm..." The new kid said pointing at me.

"Val. The name's Val." 

"Bye Val!" He waves politely. I fast walk out of the room, leaving the two almost-love-birds at it.

I made my way down the hallways, trying to find something to do for the half hour I had before class started.

Math

English

-Break- 

I got my stuff for the two classes, which happened to be both in room C35. I walked to the designated room, now bumbing into a couple people (the tiny hallways were slowly starting to fill up) and took my seat in the back left corner, pulling out my math textbook.

I notice a sticky note sticking out of the bottom corner. It was marking the page I meant to study from (but never actually did) for my failed math test.

Tomorrow, 7:45am, outside the gym :) love, your most favorite tutor 

My heart skipped a beat. So many things to analyze just from a tiny 10 word note.

First thing's first: HE SAID LOVE. HE SIGNED THE NOTE WITH LOVE. Ahhhhhhhh! I don't know exactly what its supposed to mean, but love is a good thing, right? 

Second: How in hell did he ever find the time to actually stick this is my textbook when I wasn't looking? Not important, Val. Not important. Focus on what's important. 

THIRD AND ACTUALLY IMPORTANT: What did he want?! 

I glanced at the clock, it was 7:46am.

If you run you can make it, Val. 

Without even preparing my completely out-of-shape-not-a-runner body, I dashed out the door without thinking twice.

HEHEHHEHEHEHH CLIFFHANGER AGAIN :) DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND A FOLLOW WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY :))) TRIPPLE CHIN WUT.