Hard Times Ahead

I could not believe my ears. No way was this actually happening to me. The doctor talked about all the ways to prepare myself for this dramatic life change and all the procedures that were to be done and exactly what Leukemia is and what form and stage I had. I had stage 2 leukemia. I was to expect vomiting, nausea, exhaustion, and pain. I was to start chemotherapy in 2 weeks, and continue 1 treatment a week for a month to see how it's going. I had a hard time listening to the words that were coming out of his mouth. Instead I thought of my entire life. How my family would be affected by this, how Nash will have to handle me and handle this, and my education and career. Being sick is time consuming and exhausting, and a broadway level show is already like that. It was the peak of the season meaning, in no time would the performances be starting. Just enough time for me to become a side effect and a piece of cancer.

When I left the building all I could think about was Nash and how this was going to take a toll on our relationship. Something this drastic has never happened to us before. I didn't know how he was going to handle it. I was scared to see his reaction.

And then I imagined how I was going to tell everyone. My family, my friends. I didn't know how they would react, if they will treat me like I'm fragile, like I wasn't even a human being but glass falling from the sky. I didn't know what to do now. I didn't know how to tell someone I have cancer considering I had never really done this before.
Tomorrow I would tell Nash. I wanted him to be the first to know reasons being; he could comfort me and be there when I tell everyone else and also he could help me tell them.

I was so scared. There's nothing I can do. It's all in the doctors hands now.